Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
Ive found this 45LC BH with a chopped barrel which is advertised at 3.75" I have a couple of OM BHs in 357 but have no 45LC pistols or ammo at all. Not sure about getting into another cal at this time but it is tempting. Like the idea of a "custom" pistol but not sure what all has been done to it and owner has no paper work as to who may have modified it. I am in Alabama and BH is on the west coast so kinda hard to examine it other than pics. Asking price is 550/trades
If anyone wants to chime in Id appreciate any info on what all work has been done that you can tell from pics.
Looks like barrel was cut from the cylinder end is about all I can tell so someone had to remove barrel and cut and re-thread which i would think would be more involved than cutting muzzle end. Looks like a Pre warning new model? Just got pics from owner and haven't got the next few numbers in ser# yet to narrow down mfg date.

Attachments

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,021 Posts
Looks like a cool gun. I'd have to examine a "customized" Ruger with my own eyes and hands to determine if I would buy it. Without documentation that it was done by a well known 'smith you have to assume it was a DIY job where build quality is unknown. How does it lock up? Any cylinder end shake? What does the barrel/cylinder gap measure? Buyer beware!

·
Registered
981 Posts
I'd have to give it a 100+ round try out putting holes in paper and checking it out quite thoroughly at a range before I put money down.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Looks like a cool gun. I'd have to examine a "customized" Ruger with my own eyes and hands to determine if I would buy it. Without documentation that it was done by a well known 'smith you have to assume it was a DIY job where build quality is unknown. How does it lock up? Any cylinder end shake? What does the barrel/cylinder gap measure? Buyer beware!
+1 on this, also without paperwork from a known customizer/smith I personally would not pay custom prices even if after inspection I deemed quality good,
In other words if I'm paying more it's gonna be for reputation as much as anything
that said it looks like something I would like
Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts