Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a NM SBH with an fluted cylinder. It’s a Bisley grip frame with the 7.5” barrel. I’ve not seen this before, is it unusual ? Has someone fitted another cylinder to it ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,180 Posts
Most Bisleys have a non-fluted cylinder but they are also available as distributor specials with a fluted cylinder.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a NM SBH with an fluted cylinder. It’s a Bisley grip frame with the 7.5” barrel. I’ve not seen this before, is it unusual ? Has someone fitted another cylinder to it ?

First year production was released with a fluted cylinder also. 1985. Ruger had some problems with the roll-marking on the non-fluted cylinders.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is my best bet to contact Ruger for more information on this revolver ? Is an email or phone call best ? Thanks guys for your knowledge !

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,180 Posts
The catalog number for a 44 Mag Bisley Blackhawk with a fluted cylinder is RB-44.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Most, if not all, first year production caliber of Bisleys were fluted. 44, 41, 357, 32 and 22

The .22 was cool because it was a hybrid new model/old model.

I did make an attempt to own one of each. But they are few and far between. And expensive.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, lots of knowledge base here ! I went ahead and requested letters from Ruger today on the aforementioned SBH, as well as an OM SBH, and a NM BH in .45 Colt that I have. I don’t know what all the letters will tell me, but it will be interesting I’m sure.

I think the NM SBH in question will be off to Alan Harton for a little work very soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts