Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys are No. 1 fans on here? What do ya like about the No.1? What calibers/ models do ya have?

I have a 416 Rigby with a 1-4 X 24 Trijicon on it. I love it. Fun gun to shoot! I will post some pics later today or tomorrow. Cant wait to get more No. 1's to add to my gun collection.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Greetings,

I only have one number one, and it is stainless with the laminated stock, and has iron sights. It is chambered in 416 RCM. Don't think I would qualify as a hard core number one fan. However, I do like my Rugers, and can say I never had a bad one. Can't say the same for some of the other gun companies. :eek:

moondog911 :cool:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
one no1 fan here yep

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have truck guns in 223 and 220 Swift. Both I purchased to rebarrel and have No.1's in calibers not offered but they shoot well enough I hate to take them apart.
I also have No.1 rifles in 6mmppc, 22-250, 270, 6mmRem, and now want one in 6.5mm

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
My fave #1? Easy. a 1-S in 218 Bee!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I have 45-70, 375 h&h, 218 bee, and a 45-70 custom from Aspen Gun Works with octagonal barrel. They are all great guns.

·
Registered
686 Posts
#1 Stainless/Black Laminate in 45-70, just sold my #1 50th anniversary safe queen. Replaced it with a 1980's NIB Colt Gold Cup National Match!

·
Registered
206 Posts
How many of you guys are No. 1 fans on here? What do ya like about the No.1? What calibers/ models do ya have?

I have a 416 Rigby with a 1-4 X 24 Trijicon on it. I love it. Fun gun to shoot! I will post some pics later today or tomorrow. Cant wait to get more No. 1's to add to my gun collection.
I am in love with that firearm! I don't own one, and wish I did, but I'm not really sure why. I mean, after all, it's a single shot. Very quick follow up could be difficult. Yes, I am a very good shot, but stuff happens, and I'd hate to let a wounded animal get away and suffer slow death.
And yet, last week I finally got to hold and operate (unloaded) one of them, and there is just something about it that draws me like a moth to a flame.
So solid, so well balance, a big rifle in a small rifle size. It just cries out to me "buy me!". I do believe one day I will, assuming the worst doesn't happen to our nation and our rights under Obooboo.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am in love with that firearm! I don't own one, and wish I did, but I'm not really sure why. I mean, after all, it's a single shot. Very quick follow up could be difficult. Yes, I am a very good shot, but stuff happens, and I'd hate to let a wounded animal get away and suffer slow death.
And yet, last week I finally got to hold and operate (unloaded) one of them, and there is just something about it that draws me like a moth to a flame.
So solid, so well balance, a big rifle in a small rifle size. It just cries out to me "buy me!". I do believe one day I will, assuming the worst doesn't happen to our nation and our rights under Obooboo.
Don't worry about follow up, they can be reloaded fairly quickly. I know I'm not the most prolific hunter out there but out of the 12-15 deer I've killed the first shot was always the deadliest. Any follow ups just added holes to the deer.

·
Registered
373 Posts
.25-06 my brother and cousin teamed up for purpose busting crows at long range, my brother and I went halves on the M-77V in 22-250 for the same purpose. Truly love that #1 in .25-06, explosive with hot handloads of light hollow points

·
Registered
134 Posts
I recently purchase one in 25-06. I have always loved the style and the looks of the No 1, but for some strange reason or another I didn't buy one. I think this rifle shows class and it looks distinguished; I don't know if there is anything not to like about the No. 1. I wish I could afford to own more. :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts