Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a Bianchi 1L I bought for my Orig Vaquero. It's all I have for carry right now. The holster is very nice (except that it was made in Mexico, so the lining is not as soft, for some reason, as the older Bianchis -- the second Mexican Bianchi I've seen that has that characteristic). It will make a nice woods rig but it's too high for concealed carry. It hides great, but it's too hard to draw at that height/angle and the leather, though it's by no means tight, creates just enough friction that the gun hesitates. The gun is mirror-bright stainless, and polished with Ren Wax (great stuff) but it glides out of a cheap Uncle Mike's nylon IWB much easier, and at a better angle because it sits lower. A hybrid crossdraw might be better still. I'd better get to practicing, and/or never be surprised. Still, it's better than nothing.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
One of the minor frustrations of gun ownership - ordering holsters and finding out they just don't quite meet your expectations. I have a drawer full of them.

Renaissance Wax is great stuff! There's a million uses for that stuff all around the house. That reminds me I need to order some more......

Wave

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before I strapped on the Vaquero, I had always carried semiautos IWB at 4 o'clock, so I'm not surprised this felt weird. It's good for outdoors though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts