Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've been tempted to make a similar move but I'm still holding out for Ruger to come through. Maybe a RAP 45c. Also checking out the offerings from Sig Sauer.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I gave up waiting for the SR45c so I bought a Kahr CM45. I liked it so much, I bought a Kahr CW45. The CW is the next size up from the CM, which is the smallest. Both have been excellent, and its shocking how small the CM is. I paid $315 each, and they are fine pistols. I dont have a pic of the CW45 yet.

Here is a pic of the CM45. The second pic, LC9s, Kahr CM45 and Ruger SR9c

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was waiting for a LC45s to come out.............but nothing showed up.

So I too picked up a XDS 45 3.3 a couple of weeks ago. Still getting used to it, don't shoot it as good as my LC9s.

Joined XDtalk and a couple of Facebook groups...........getting good info there.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Talon grips are great on the XDS
A couple of extra 6 round mags
Desantis pocket holster for truck carry, and a Zorn Skinny Rig for IWB conceal carry.
I have a 3F kydex OWB holster coming for it too.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The Kahr CW45 and CT45 were on my list to check also.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The Kahr CW45 and CT45 were on my list to check also.
My dealer has all 3 sizes of the Kahr 45s. The CT is the size of a 1911 Commander. The CW is smaller, in the same size league of the XDs. The CM is tiny. I dont know of anything as small in 45 ACP as the CM45

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I was waiting for a LC45s to come out.............but nothing showed up.

So I too picked up a XDS 45 3.3 a couple of weeks ago. Still getting used to it, don't shoot it as good as my LC9s.

Joined XDtalk and a couple of Facebook groups...........getting good info there.
I did the same thing. Been waiting for years for a Ruger compact .45 and nothng ever came. I, too, have an LC9s.

I now have the XDs 45 in 3.3" also. I was able to get it slightly used from my neighbor who wanted something different. I actually fired it more than he did when he had it.

I have a N8 IWB holster. The XDs also fits really well in my Kholster IWB holster made for my SR9c.

It's not like Ruger hasn't been told for years that many of the SR series users (and others) wanted a compact striker fired .45.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I dont know why Ruger hates us 45acp guys. I want a SR45c also and it seems Ruger just will not do it! I mean come on How difficult could it be!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I find the XDS 3.3 and the LC9s about the same exact size in height and thickness, the length is about 1/2" longer on the XDS.

The XDS compared to the SR9C shows that the SR9c is bigger in all aspects, thickness being the biggie since it's a double stack.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
So I grabbed one of these...XDS .45acp 3.3!
Surveyor... hows the trigger on your new XDS 45? I was considering the XD Mod 2 in 45ACP. My dealer had a couple, and I took a look. The trigger was very heavy, and the pistol itself was heavy. I wasn't terribly concerned with the weight of the pistol, but the trigger was a deal breaker for me. He had three in stock, and I tried all three, and all had heavy triggers.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on your new Springfield, and how it shoots.

I am very happy with my new Kahr pistols.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Surveyor... hows the trigger on your new XDS 45? I was considering the XD Mod 2 in 45ACP. My dealer had a couple, and I took a look. The trigger was very heavy, and the pistol itself was heavy. I wasn't terribly concerned with the weight of the pistol, but the trigger was a deal breaker for me. He had three in stock, and I tried all three, and all had heavy triggers.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on your new Springfield, and how it shoots.

I am very happy with my new Kahr pistols.
I'll have to get back with you on the trigger...waiting on ammo to arrive, I did dry fire it and it felt similar to my Glock 26...! I try to learn different triggers in all my handguns and keep OEM parts in them!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I have had the XDs .45 since shortly after they came out. One of my regular rotation with the LCR .357 and LC9.

Regarding the trigger, it is a little on the heavy side. Powder River Precision makes a trigger spring/sear replacement kit for about $65-$70. Lots of people that have installed them have said it really makes the trigger pull smoother and lighter. Like you, I usually keep my firearms "stock" so I have not taken that step yet.

For me, the grip length was more of a difference maker. When I got mine, all they offered was a 5-round mag. Even with a Pearce extension, it was not comfortable for my hand and I just could not shoot it very well. Now, SA has 6- and 7-round magazines. Just that little extra length makes a big difference in my ability to control it. Plus I like having an extra round or two. If I am only going to have five rounds, I may as well carry my LCR .357. I carry the XDs with a 6-round mag and have a 7-round for reload. I have two more 7-round mags in my nightstand, where the XDs resides when not being carried.

The other thing about the XDs in .45 is you cannot baby it. I read lots of posts on the Springfield forum of people complaining about it not going into battery and not feeding correctly, etc., etc. You have to slingshot that slide when you load it and any limp-wristing at all is going to result in a FTF/FTE.

My son-in-law has the XDs 9. Now that they have the XDs in .40 S&W, I think I need one to "round out" the collection.

Once you get your ammo and shoot it, please update us on how you like it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I did the same thing, now the XDs 45 is in rotation with my 9mm Shied and SR9C! I did the FDE version as well, love it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts