Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a new toy a Blackhawk in 45LC cal. w/4 5/8" bbl, I gave it a once-over while at the store and took my baby home.

When I got home I give it a good going over with the manual in front of me. (I've never seen more red ink). The first thing I notice is there's no visible "safety warning" stamped on the side of the bbl. that so many complain about. I turn the gun over and there it is on the bottom of the bbl. alongside the ejector rod. I don't know if this is common too not have the warning visible on the side of the bbl or not? With liability today I could imagine someone saying "Well, I didn't see it". Maybe I'm being to dramatic.

I would suspect whoever assembled it didn't take the time too make sure the safety warning was visible for all too see, probably more concerned with the cylinder gap being in spec than the warning.

Has anyone else experienced this on their Ruger?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
My Bisley is lawyer stamped underneath the barrel.
If it has to be somewhere, I would prefer it be there.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Warning? I don't have no stinking warning . . .

;)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Ruger has been taming down the Warning recently, and turning it to the bottom of the barrel. Its not mandatory to have a warning at all. Smith and Wesson doesnt, Beretta does, Taurus doesnt.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My SBH (vintage 1979) only has has the Ruger name and address. I just finished shortening the bbl on her a few weeks back.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Ruger minimized the warning and moved it to the underside a couple of years ago. They've recently started correctly putting Newport NH on the revolvers instead of Southport, Connecticut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts