Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased A Ruger Talo limited edition 10/22. It's a beautiful rifle - stainless with a checkered walnut stock - in fact it's almost too pretty to shot.

However, on the back page of the instruction manual it says in large type "Strurm Ruger & Company, Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, "limited" or "full" ..."

What's up with that?

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
When in doubt email them directly to confirm and get it in writing. That would be news to me though, perhaps it's regarding special editions only. If you get the word from them on it please share.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Don't worry. If something goes wrong Ruger will fix it. BTW, where's the picture? :)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Ruger does not provide a written warranty for any of their guns, specifically to get around all the onerous state and federal regulations concerning warranties.

If there is a defect with your 10/22 they will stand behind it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Ruger has been putting that for years. It's a lawyer thing. Don't give 2 toughts Ruger stand behind their products. If you read thru some of the threads you'll see many compliments on Ruger customer service.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Ruger does not provide a written warranty for any of their guns, specifically to get around all the onerous state and federal regulations concerning warranties.

If there is a defect with your 10/22 they will stand behind it.
+1.

As a practical matter, if something goes wrong on your Ruger, and it's not your fault, they'll take care of it.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Great looking rifle.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Ruger has been putting that for years. It's a lawyer thing. Don't give 2 toughts Ruger stand behind their products. If you read thru some of the threads you'll see many compliments on Ruger customer service.
TBH I've never looked, I've just called Ruger when there's a problem and it's been taken care of

·
Registered
15 Posts
don't worry I sent back a hand gun that I have used for thirty years had a problem Ruger replaced it with a new gun. They back there products

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
No worries at all. Ruger stands behind their products. The lack of a written warranty is not an issue.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Beauty!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If you would like some proof of their fine service. You can go check my barrel crown issue thread. They did me right.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Nothing new to add that isn't already said about the initial question but had to add a :) to the choice of 10/22 model. Kinda partial to that one as I had a bit of a hand it what it ended up being.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Nice rifle.
BTW.. Ruger has the best CS around.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is a very good looking rifle. That and the fact that I'm very partial to stainless steel and walnut with checkering is why I bought it. I had every gun I own stolen about 20 years ago and am just now beginning to replace them. The .22 I had then was a Winchester model 63 and I loved shooting that gun. However, the prices on the model 63 are prohibitive now so I settled on a Ruger 10/22.

I was disappointed to discover that the receiver is aluminum. Thought I was buying an all stainless steel rifle. Aluminum and plastic in guns does not bother a lot of people but it does me. I purchased a stainless steel Ruger Mark II .22 pistol and it is all stainless, barrel, receiver, slide, bolt, and frame are stainless and dumb me - I assumed the stainless 10/22 would be the same.

Sad to say, but I believe I will put the gun up for sale. The LGS where I purchased the gun will not refund my purchase price so I'll hang on to it for awhile, keep it in unfired condition, and try to get my money out of it.

I think it is a fine rifle, very good looking, and likely shoots well, but it is not made like I want.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts