Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a California resident I have a non resident Arizona CCW. Im soon (like in two weeks) going to be a Arizona resident. The permit has no address on it will it still be valid in Arizona or do I have to reapply or can I just file a change of address with the Arizona DOJ? I know I don't need a CCW in Arizona but would like to keep it for its reciprocal value.

hpk

·
Registered
704 Posts
Agreed. Get the accurate data from the source. It's too important not to do so.

·
Super Moderator
21,502 Posts
Arizona has passed "Permitless Carry." That means anyone who can legally own/possess a firearm and is 21 or older can carry it concealed without any type of permit/license. This new law becomes effective July 29, 2010. Those who wish to carry in Arizona without a permit/license from AZ or any other state can not carry in the places listed in the "Places Off Limits Even With a Permit’ section below. Arizona did not remove other restrictions in their law when they passed Permitless Carry. If you choose to carry without a permit from Arizona or any other state you must also abide by the following restriction.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf

I would apply for a resident carry permit if you intend to go out of state and explain to the officials what you are doing. It looks like in AZ you are good to go without a permit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.