Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Mini-14's, GP100, Ruger American Hunter. 308
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Choate flash suppressor on my Ranch SS Mini-14.
I got it square to the barrel with a very clean roll pin drill and installation.
However, I noticed the muzzle thickness of the suppressor wasn't uniform in thickness, so I took some measurements and discovered I was correct. Thicknesses range from .14 to .19 inch around the end of the suppressor.
The opening even looks off center... albeit, just a tad, but, I figure when it comes to machining tolerances, regardless of the part, the goal would be to minimize deviation.
The rifling in my barrel looks clean, and my crown is undamaged. But, could this deviation in thickness have any affect on accuracy / bullet trajectory?

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't think it will effect your accuracy. Possibly it's balance. But I have a hard time believing it would even be perceptible. It seems more of an aesthetic problem. I replaced the factory birdcage with an aftermarket compensator. It is a GB model LE trade-in. The local gun shop had to sell it without the flash hider bcz I'm in California. Flash hiders are evil features here. 🙄

1 - 8 of 8 Posts