Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need pointed in right direction. Ruger mk11 .22 long rifle pistol. Trying to clean and can't get back hing to come out . Behind grip where you use a paper clip to open. Won't cock and can't move safety . Thanks

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...You may want to look in the "Pistol Forum" under "Ruger Rimfire pistols" or the "Maintenance" section to get the answers you seek.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Welcome from Brooklyn, NY.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome, from NH.
I have a Mark II and will never trade or sell it. It is my competition gun.
Yes, it is a pain to field strip and clean, and putting it back together can be a nightmare. However, once you get it, it's really quite simple.
I have a detailed Word doc, with pictures, that shows the process step by step.
Admittedly I do have to refer to it every time I clean my Mark II (which is about once a year).
If you PM me your email address, I'd be more than happy to send it along.
I did not create the doc, but found it years ago on line. The author mentioned it was intended to be shared.

btw...It sounds to me like you have not fully released the mainspring housing latch.
Or, if the main spring housing pin is just very tight in the receiver you may have to tap it GENTLY with a rubber or wood mallet to pop it free. It should then drop out freely.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Welcome from Lake Mary! If all else fails, contact Ruger, they'll help.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY. Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is your MKII fairly new? Mine was tight but now the main spring drops down quite easy. Even when putting it back together it will back out. Like a few other said check more vids because it should come out. Play with it. Maybe your overlooking something. Your going to have even more fun putting it back together!!

·
Registered
17,261 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.