Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shooting since I was 12 and finally picked up my own gun.

I got some good advice here and bought a new gp100 about a month ago. Here it is with about 600 rounds through it. The trigger is getting better every day with lots of dry fire. :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad to meet you, hope you enjoy it here, jump right in anytime.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome! good gun you got there for sure.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've been shooting since I was 12 and finally picked up my own gun.

I got some good advice here and bought a new gp100 about a month ago. Here it is with about 600 rounds through it. The trigger is getting better every day with lots of dry fire. :D

Greetings to new member GunNut......Ca shooter here too ....better get your guns while you can...Ca "approved list" seems to be getting shorter all the time.....on my Ruger stainless centerfire pistols my experience is that those triggers start getting nice and smooth around the 600 round count. Happy Shooting...MACHINISTgunner.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome...

from W. WA. You stick around here long enough that GP100 is only the first of many. :eek:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nice havin another Cali guy here. Too many Anti's in Cali, so we need to stick together.
Have fun here, lot's of stuff to look at. This is a pretty good group.
Dan'o :}

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota! Nice gun!:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
from W. WA. You stick around here long enough that GP100 is only the first of many. :eek:
You got that right. I picked up a Mossberg 835 for turkey season too. I've got my eye on a Mark III for target practice. I can see this becoming another one of my addictions (aka hobbies)

My name is John and I’m a gunaholic.

I found these signs of addiction on an health related site. Do these apply to you?

Health and behavior
Irritability, difficulty concentrating (I’d rather be shooting than being at work)

Financial issues
Inability to keep track of your money (Not a problem, my money is at the gun shop, buried in a backstop or invested in hunting gear)

Employment or school
Missing work or school, or going in late due to gun use (Does daydreaming count?)

Family and friends
Feeling annoyed when other people comment on, or criticize your use of guns· (I let it slip to a coworker that I was going to the range and you'd think I admitted to being a perv. :( )

Associating with questionable acquaintances (gun shop owners, range masters) or frequenting out of the ordinary locations (random shops, driving to the other side of town) to purchase or use guns

Social life
Scheduling your day around using guns (Hey, I can go shoot trap in the morning, do some chores, hang with the kids and go to the indoor range at night).
Focusing recreational activities around obtaining guns, using guns. (In April I'm going turkey hunting on a ranch in Oregon)
Using guns when alone (I’m single, it's better to be at the range than watching TV)

Now I've got to find some cheap reloading equipment so I can get a full time fix.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.