Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm already seeing Christmas movies on tv, really? Is this holiday stuff necessary already? Plus the stores yanked out the decorations already too. Bah Humbug. ;)

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
This has been the norm for quite some time now. No different from when I was a kid; get out of school for Summer vacation in May, start seeing "Back To School" sales before June.:mad:

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This has been the norm for quite some time now. No different from when I was a kid; get out of school for Summer vacation in May, start seeing "Back To School" sales before June.:mad:
I know....but...but... I still have to pack up all my Halloween. I have all the in side stuff packed up, and have taken out at least 80 aa,aaa, c & 9v batteries from my props. I'm starting on the stuff in the garage tomorrow, really I am. :D

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I know....but...but... I still have to pack up all my Halloween. I have all the in side stuff packed up, and have taken out at least 80 aa,aaa, c & 9v batteries from my props. I'm starting on the stuff in the garage tomorrow, really I am. :D
That reminds me I still have halloween candy left.:)

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
I love seeing the Christmas stuff out early. Cheers me up.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'm already seeing Christmas movies on tv, really? Is this holiday stuff necessary already? Plus the stores yanked out the decorations already too. Bah Humbug. ;)
Seems to happen earlier every year. There should be legislation enacted that no one can pull out the Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I am with you 110%. It is WAAAAAYYYY too early for this!

I don't know if the stores think that by putting out their decorations it will make people start buying and keep at it until Christmas. I don't know about other folks, but I get stuff for a certain number of people and when I have enough I stop, whether it happens in August or December.

When stores put their decorations out this soon it gets old really fast. By the time the REAL Christmas season rolls around I'm sick of it. It has turned me into a real Scrooge.

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
About this time of the year we would begin cutting wood for a bonfire. Thanksgiving week was time for the first load of bamboos, the last load was a week before Christmas.

We just never did pay attention to the Christmas displays until we were ready to shop for the smaller items. The larger toys were bought and stored away before this time.

Great time of the year!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts