Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to convert my standard synthetic carbine to an AR. I think the Nordic conversion allows for the most versatility.

Few questions,

I can use any standard AR handguard with the Nordic AR22 kit correct?
-Will I be able to use a bull barrel with any handguard?

For my stock I just have to buy a standard AR stock and buffer tube correct?

I plan on modding a AR mag so it looks like an actual AR mag on my kit, but it's .22 of course.

Any good, cheap bull barrels? I saw Green Mountain had a sale for Christmas but I think I missed the $55 bbl. :mad:

That's all! Thank you. And also, feel free to post pics of your builds!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey, for the most part the nordic comp kit will work with most standard AR parts. The only problem I see is with the mods to an AR mag? I know ProMag makes a mag with an AR type profile but tapers at the top and houses a 10-22 hi cap mag inside.. The barrel profile on a .920 bull barrel will work on the nordic kit. Good luck with your build!;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on expoxying a standard 10 rd rotary onto an AR mag. I've seen it on this forum and a few others. Just for looks more than anything. I will plink/shoot/hunt with the bx-25 and maybe even the HC mag. But for pictures/showing it off I would like it to look like an actual 5.56 AR.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I plan on expoxying a standard 10 rd rotary onto an AR mag. I've seen it on this forum and a few others. Just for looks more than anything. I will plink/shoot/hunt with the bx-25 and maybe even the HC mag. But for pictures/showing it off I would like it to look like an actual 5.56 AR.
Can you show me a picture of the customized mag not in the rifle. It seems like a lot of work to get something that won't look right anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try finding one. I've been searching this forum and also rimfire central. I've seen several pictures and most of them look pretty nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
From RimFire Central

Picture from jt_trouble. States the mag is a Magpul Pmag 10/22 Faux AR Magazine

Above pictures from mobgma

Credits to 151proof

Credit to spartan1229

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is one on ebay. Should ship to Canada.

Nordic AR22 Ruger 10 22 Stock with EXTRAS | eBay

Almost all stores are sold out right now. Many allow backordering though. I'm sure you can find one that will ship
He only ships to USA, I also noticed they are out of stock everywhere, what is the reason for this, Christmas time? Or is the company nordic components out of stock themselves?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would message the ebay seller. He may work something out with you to ship to Canada.

I'm not sure what the out of stock issues are. I've read that you can expect most stores to be back in stock within a week.

·
Registered
374 Posts
@Tylerjford, From one Canadian to another buying firearm parts in Canada can be very tricky! 90% of U.S. companies won't ship parts with a total value of over 100 dollers with out the proper paperwork. Try to buy with in Canada, you will end up paying around 35-40% more for the same item but hey! At least you got what ya wanted.........kinda........:D Here is a site that will help you out "CanadianGunNuts.ca" Also try "FabSports" there out of Quebec, they have some 10-22 stuff sometimes.....There the only company in Canada that will stock KIDD parts!:rolleyes: Best of luck to you and you 10-22!! And Welcome to the forum form Ontario!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My brother in law owns a company called Battledyne, they make a 25 round magazine for 10/22 that lools like an AR mag, his website address is www.battledyne.com tell him that Bill sent you when you place an order.
Nice product and made in the US at a fair price. Thanks for the info. Will put that one in my favorites. Your brother inlaw o's you one

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ Mirage234

Where is this company Battledyne located? Online sales only or does it have storefront for public walk-ins?
If I mention Bill will I get a discount?

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Mag

I just ordered one of the black ones for my sr-22. Should look great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts