Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a brick from PSA for $40 with free shipping.

I wanted to try this ammo again as the 10+ year old brick I had left from way back then had deteriorated and accuracy was bad. Fliers and several felt low powered shots. When new the older TAC 22 made regular 1/2" 5 round groups from a bolt rifle.

The new TAC22 was shot at 50 and 100 yards using my wife's Kidd enhanced 10/22. 1/2" groups at 50 were easy. I shot some at 100 yards and got 1.25" to 1.75" groups.

I noticed the old brick of TAC22 has a velocity of 1100 FPS while the new brick was 1083 FPS. The newer TAC22 cycled through the 10/22 nicely with the lighter Kidd recoil spring installed.

I also shot an older (2010ish) brick of Wolf Match Target and both had a very close POI.

I'm not sure if I'll buy any more TAC 22 but it was nice to know how the new stuff shoots.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes they have changed the box. I'm not 100% sure if the box is the only change. Norma has a facility in Savannah Ga the black box says Norma USA. But I do not see anything on black box where made.
The red box has specs in metric and standard. Also had made in Germany on them ???

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well if you order direct from Norma and order $149 worth of ammo get free shipping.
Right now TAC-22 is just under $35 a brick of 500.
Find a buddy and split a order to get the free shipping.
They ship pretty fast also.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if you order direct from Norma and order $149 worth of ammo get free shipping.
Right now TAC-22 is just under $35 a brick of 500.
Find a buddy and split a order to get the free shipping.
They ship pretty fast also.

I would like to try some of the new Match 22 ammo also. This is my chance, thanks!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Folks at rimfirecentral seem to indicate that the Match 22 isn't much better than Tac-22 if at all. Maybe your Kidd will like it, FlaGun! I'm holding off on the Match 22 for now...
I would like to try some of the new Match 22 ammo also. This is my chance, thanks!

[Edit] OK, so I lied FlaGun, though I didn't intend to. Got an email from Norma, and Tac-22 and Match-22 is on sale + 'free" shipping. Loaded up on Tac-22, and got me a brick Match-22 on sale...to me at this price, it's worth risking a test.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts