Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the back of my barrel where the two tabs go on either side of the loaded chamber indicator there is some wear. It must be coming back at different angles and hitting the slide. Is this something that I need to worry about at all?

·
Registered
786 Posts
The posts that I've seen talk about peening on the top of the barrel, the right side of the barrel where it hits the extractor, and the inside of the slide. This is the first picture that I've seen of the ears showing peening. Maybe I'm wrong on this but since you've got such great pictures, might want to email them off to Ruger to see what they say.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My SR9 had just a touch of peening on the edge nearest the barrel, not on the end with the two lugs, after the first outing. It was very minor, and I just filed it off when I noticed it. It never peened any more after that. My SR9c has had no signs of peening at all.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
My SR9 had just a touch of peening on the edge nearest the barrel, not on the end with the two lugs, after the first outing. It was very minor, and I just filed it off when I noticed it. It never peened any more after that. My SR9c has had no signs of peening at all.
Me, too.

·
Registered
786 Posts
After seeing those pictures, took my SR9c apart and inspected it with a magnifying glass. I did see some very minor sharp edges and evidence of peening but not as bad as in the pictures. Went ahead and carefully filed those down as I did with the other minor peening marks on the barrel a couple of weeks ago. At around 1800 rounds, am assuming that mine is broken in and shouldn't undergo any more break in type of changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I contacted Ruger and they had me email the pictures to them today. Who knows what they'll say. I am not too worried about it, and would hate to have to send my gun in. But I was obviously concerned enough to make this post. I'll let you guys know what happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They emailed me back today and told me that I will need my barrel and possibly my slide replaced. They now want me to call and get a prepaid UPS slip. I was expecting them to say it was normal, but I guess not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my gun back yesterday. They replaced the barrel, striker, and magazine disconnect.

They were very quick, quite happy with the service.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got my gun back yesterday. They replaced the barrel, striker, and magazine disconnect.

They were very quick, quite happy with the service.
What a wonderful world it would be if everyone I dealt with had the quality of both product and SERVICE that Ruger consistently provides.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts