Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to let members who are in Northern IL that the annual manufacturer shoot at GAT Guns in East Dundee is schedule for March 18/19.

Lots of manufacturers are represented here (I rep for CZ). For attendees, all you pay for is ticket to buy the ammo. Hearing and eye protection are provided, but I recommend bringing your own.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will put it on the calendar. Hope to make it.
Before you travel all the way from Michigan, I recommend that you contact GAT and find out how they handle non-IL residents (since you won't have a DPRI issued FOID card). The requirement in the past has always been FOID to handle or fire the displayed firearms.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just a reminder - this event is next weekend.

As I mentioned in my PM to you, I won't be able to make it. I'll have an extra glass of wine for you and toast to good event for you guys. Please let us know when your next event is locked in and ready to go. Still eager to fire a CZ for my first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I mentioned in my PM to you, I won't be able to make it. I'll have an extra glass of wine for you and toast to good event for you guys. Please let us know when your next event is locked in and ready to go. Still eager to fire a CZ for my first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My next two events after GAT are up North -
April 1 - Second Amendment Sports in McHenry
June 3 - On Target in Crystal Lake

Then a trip south to the ISRA range in Bonfield on June 17

September 16 - Maxon in Des Plaines

Hoping to add a few more to the schedule

·
Registered
407 Posts
Will put it on the calendar. Hope to make it.
Before you travel all the way from Michigan, I recommend that you contact GAT and find out how they handle non-IL residents (since you won't have a DPRI issued FOID card). The requirement in the past has always been FOID to handle or fire the displayed firearms.
Thanks for heads up. Yeah, Illinois is complicated. Will keep in mind, but looks like I will be in Texas anyway.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My plans are to go but am wondering when the best time to go?

Any ideas? I really do not like elbow to elbow crowds.
I seem to remember the Saturday crowd thinning out around lunchtime or so (noon-ish). That tended to mean a shorter line to get on the range. Sunday I was behind the CZ table, so I didn't have a good overall sense of the room.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a heads up - the 2018 version of the GAT manufacturer shoot is this weekend - March 10-11.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I work through a company which represents a number of manufacturers. Usually at this event, we cover CZ pistols, OTIS Technology cleaning products, LaserMax lasers (which are mounted on Crossman airguns), but this year I was covering the table alone, so only CZ. Of course, with all the product lines, we usually have a single 6' or 8' table, this year on my own, I had a corner (8' front I used and a 6' side table I didn't).

Doors opened to the public around 8:30 Saturday morning and things were very busy until after lunchtime. Things slow down starting somewhere between 12:30-1PM, but we did have a 2:30 PM surge. As far as number of range trips, the EVO3 Scorpion, P-10c and 75CompactD (aka PCR) were the most popular items on the CZ table.

Had a few minutes to walk around and look at other tables before the Sunday opening. The S&W Shield EZ is going to be a popular pistol for people with limited hand strength (a .380 that racks like a .22LR). The Ruger PCC9 was very nice - I'm looking forward to shooting one at some point. Didn't get to see the Security 9 (it was borrowed from the range, so it was only up there during the show hours). EC9 seemed OK, but I didn't get to shoot one (and I already have an LC9sPro). EAA had some very fine Tanfoglio competition pistols. SIG had the P210 Target (another one I really want to try). Magnum Research brought a BFR in .30-30 (and ammo was available) - would have liked to try that one as well.

Attendance was good overall. Many of the usual vendors were there (Ruger, CZ, S&W, Glock, SIG, Savage, Browning, Beretta, Benelli, FN, Mossberg, Springfield, Charter, Magnum Research, HK, Taurus), but Walther never showed up (empty table) and there was no presence for Remington/Marlin/DPMS/Bsuhmaster.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts