Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy-

Got some of the 'attic find' Ruger grips today for my Service Six, and I like 'em a lot!

One issue; on the backstrap, the right side panel protrudes past the left:

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Hmmm...only thing I can think to suggest is to sand the protruding wood back into meet the other panel. You'd have to fuss with the finish too. I bought a box of six sets of these grips and I have looked at all six sets and some have better wood than others and some fit together better than others. Of course the best wood did not have the best fit. What are the chances of that happening! I went with the best wood and decided to live with slightly irregular fit on the front seam. It's stilll a LOT better looking than the old Pachmayr grip that was on the gun when I bought it and at the price they're selling these grips for I don't think you could complain.

Now if I could just find a set of nice grips for my old "humpback" frame Six (150-serial number.)

Wave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I was probably going to pick up a few more pairs to stash away, I really like them despite the minor fitting issue. At that price, I wouldn't mind getting a few to fiddle around with and refinish.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I bought one set for my Security Six, and they looked pretty good, fit okay.

I ordered a second set and they were beautiful and fit better. They are on the gun. The first set is a backup pair. Sort of the luck of the draw with those grips.
They look good and feel great in the hand. Maybe not quite a pretty as my Single Ten.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts