Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been asking on multiple forums, just for opinions from many. peening on the disconnector rail from the hammer. 400 rounds thru the gun

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the firing pin stop is oddly shaped as well. I was going to install a EB one in its place, ordered it. looked closer at slide.. WTF is gong on here? I sent it away to the manufacture to see what they say. there is also crack on the left rear of the slide rail so.. they are going to need to replace the slide for sure. hopefully they have a updated part without the 80s hole

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No. In this picture it was probably 50rds.. the photo makes it look bad to

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have determined the issue lays in the insufficient clearance between the hammer and the grip safety. the standard mfg has hard contact between the grip safety and the hammer unless the grip safety is fully depressed. The Ruger has miles of clearance between the hammer and the grip safety even with the safety fully released. This is with the slide back. So, on recoil, depending on grip and situation, the hammer is “hammered“ into the slide via the grip safety and my hand.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It’s a very nice 1911 otherwise. it’s unfortunate it has this flaw. The grip safety has been a issue with this gun from day one. It just never felt right. Other than that, it went thru two handgun classes and 400 rds with no other issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
What company made the 1911 ?
Hi Bubba,

A Browning design for the first use of a large calibre pistol for the Philippine insurrection where drug using troops could not be stopped with the issued .38 special side arm, but the .45 colt did the job. A quick reloading pistol was wanted to replace the revolver and up jumped the 1911 which is made and was made by just about anyone with a factory during the various wars. Sewing machine companies, business machine companies, you name it. Try googling (or use Duckduckgo if you dislike google ads) to learn more. Try your question there and the answer will astound you.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It looks very strange to me. I have a stable of 1911's and with all of them I have seen nothing like this on any of mine. Also the underside of the slide looks like it is very rough, where it is machined. Also appears to be some galling on the rails. Have you lubricated this gun before firing? Good luck and I hope you find a solution.

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
Hi Bubba,

A Browning design for the first use of a large calibre pistol for the Philippine insurrection where drug using troops could not be stopped with the issued .38 special side arm, but the .45 colt did the job. A quick reloading pistol was wanted to replace the revolver and up jumped the 1911 which is made and was made by just about anyone with a factory during the various wars. Sewing machine companies, business machine companies, you name it. Try googling (or use Duckduckgo if you dislike google ads) to learn more. Try your question there and the answer will astound you.
Actually the 38 used was the 38 Long Colt not the S&W Special. Because of the ineffectiveness of the round during the uprising the officers were reauthorized to carry the Colt SAA in 45 Colt for the duration of the Philippine Insurrection 1899-1902. The 45 ACP wasn't developed by Browning until 1904 when the military wanted a Semi Auto. The cartridge was eventually adopted with the M1911. The rest is just history.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Bubba,

Larry

Thanks for the reply. I guess I didn't phrase my question very well. I was curious as to what company made the OP's 1911. Some of the Philippine companies aren't quite up to the quality standards that other companies have. I had an ATI compact 45 and right out of the box I had to replace the extractor as the tip was half broken. Also ended up replacing the ejector and the mag release assembly plus did a lot of polishing the internals. After that it ran ok no problems feeding, firing or ejecting.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I clean and lube it after every outing. few times with hoppes 9 cleaner and oil, few times with Lucas CLP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts