Ruger Forum banner

not a ruger, but a 1911. Anyone seen wear like this? and what was the fix.

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Major Tom 
#1 ·
Ive been asking on multiple forums, just for opinions from many. peening on the disconnector rail from the hammer. 400 rounds thru the gun

See less See more
#3 ·
the firing pin stop is oddly shaped as well. I was going to install a EB one in its place, ordered it. looked closer at slide.. WTF is gong on here? I sent it away to the manufacture to see what they say. there is also crack on the left rear of the slide rail so.. they are going to need to replace the slide for sure. hopefully they have a updated part without the 80s hole

#10 ·
I have determined the issue lays in the insufficient clearance between the hammer and the grip safety. the standard mfg has hard contact between the grip safety and the hammer unless the grip safety is fully depressed. The Ruger has miles of clearance between the hammer and the grip safety even with the safety fully released. This is with the slide back. So, on recoil, depending on grip and situation, the hammer is “hammered“ into the slide via the grip safety and my hand.

#14 ·
It looks very strange to me. I have a stable of 1911's and with all of them I have seen nothing like this on any of mine. Also the underside of the slide looks like it is very rough, where it is machined. Also appears to be some galling on the rails. Have you lubricated this gun before firing? Good luck and I hope you find a solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.