Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, you guys be kind. I haven’t been shooting very long and am just ‘getting to know’ my 94. But I think today’s trip to the range was a productive one.

Usually when I go to the range I work on my basic handgun skills, just trying to get more accurate. Then I’ll bring a lever gun and just stand up and shoot some just for fun. I knew my sights weren’t right on this 94, so today I decided to sit down and be a little more methodical with it.

So I rested an elbow on the bench and shot three at fifteen yards. I’m not ashamed of the group, that’s a good three shot group for me with open sights. I know most people do a lot better but that’s me.

Anyway, I brought the rear sight down all the way and shot the remaining 17, which I’m pretty happy about. Only had one box of shells so I’ll have to get some more for next time, but now I think when I’m standing and shooting for fun, at least I’ll know the gun is pointing closer to where it should be!

By the way, these were standard Remington Core-Lokt 30-30, 150 grain.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Better getcha a good skinnin' knife...you're gonna need it...nice groups!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not bad. By the way, that is my sentimental favorite. I do most of my hunting wit a stainless ruger 30-06, but favorite rifle is my wincheter m94. I put a lyman receiver sight on mine and shrunk my 100 yard groups in half.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you happen to have a picture of that lyman receiver sight? I think I want to change the sights on my Marlin 94 (I don't want to touch this Winchester even if it would mean shooting it better).

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Good shooting EddieF. The receiver sight is a good idea. I had a Williams Fool Proof on a Marlin Lever action and liked it a lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts