Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old 1903A3 Springfield (Remington, 1943) This started in full military trim. I have been chastised for desecrating a very nice old "03" but guns do nothing for Me sitting in the safe. I own them to use them. I finished it about six years ago.
This is what happens after about 3 1/2 years work, & a lot of sweat, a little blood, a lot of machining, woodworking, polishing bluing, new parts, etc. At the time I wasn't too sure it was worth it all, but now, there isn't enough money to buy it. The straight grained French Walnut stock, started out life as a 2" X 8" X 5' board. I had an old friend, who has since passed away (at 88 Yrs. old) who did the machining on the barrel etc. It was a "lot"of work ! Everything is high polish blued, & the bolt is the high nickel steel, & just polished bright. I'd like to have the bolt engine turned, but don't know who does that type of finishing. The scope on it is just a 2 1/2 power Tasco compact, which is plenty, for where we hunt. The trigger is a Timney, set @ just under 2#, & very, very smooth & crisp.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Beautiful gun 41 Magnum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts