Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
22 mag Bounty Hunter showed up in the used section at my local gun shop. It’s made in Germany and imported by EAA. Had never seen one before. It is heavy, I mean really heavy. All steel, looks to have walnut grips, and the nickel finish is just beautiful. I don’t even think there are many revolvers still made in nickel but this one is. The size is similar to the original Ruger Vaquero’s and it also has a transfer bar. Trigger pull is heavy–but I can deal with it. I only shot 25 rounds but it shoots straight. And it’s an 8 shot! Just couldn’t pass it up for $239 (plus tax). If anyone is looking for something different and at a cost effective price, I recommend one of these.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Good looking revolver and good price too. I saw one like yours at one of my local gun shows. The seller wanted $500 for it. All I could tell him was sorry and no thanks, its not a Ruger.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GunsmokeSam, I am seeing them sell for $300-350 new online. I'd say they are worth that. This thing is so heavy that recoil is pretty much nonexistent. Had me laughing out loud a little bit. And just from my experience with this rimfire version I'd not hesitate to pick one up in a bigger caliber like 357 or 44 mag.

·
Registered
619 Posts
GunsmokeSam, I am seeing them sell for $300-350 new online. I'd say they are worth that. This thing is so heavy that recoil is pretty much nonexistent. Had me laughing out loud a little bit. And just from my experience with this rimfire version I'd not hesitate to pick one up in a bigger caliber like 357 or 44 mag.
I don’t doubt they are good guns and yours is definitely a beautiful one. But the sellers asking price of $500 was crazy high. I do remember it being very heavy and thinking the same thing you did. I’m not a gunsmith and probably couldn’t fix anything that might go wrong so I better stick with Ruger.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,843 Posts
Looks like a well made, nicely finished revolver. I'll have to pay attention and see if any pop up around here.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Couldn't help but notice no grip screw does it come in from the bottom?
I like the whole pkg.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Couldn't help but notice no grip screw does it come in from the bottom?
I like the whole pkg.
Yes it has a screw at the bottom of the grip frame. I believe they are one piece grips. You have to remove the two screws behind the hammer and that bottom screw to get to them. I am thinking about sanding and giving them a gloss refinish.

·
Premium Member
13,944 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
914 Posts
That is a fine looking tool. You will have to keep it on a upper drawer of your tool box. Preferably a velvet lined drawer, maybe even form fitted.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've got one in 45 colt, pretty good finish. Still a decent revolver for the money, mine is case color hardened.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I actually considered one of those when I realized I couldn't afford a Single Six. I pined after getting a nice little rimfire single action to play around with....

And then, the Ruger Wrangler came out! haha But seriously, I wish the Wrangler's front sight was more than a ramp, but that's my problem not Ruger's.

The Bounty Hunter is pretty cool looking. I'm asking out of ignorance, but does Nickel Plated hold up in terms of long term quality?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I bought a Pietta 1873 SSA Colt clone which looks like yours. Yours appears to be a clone as well, based on the construction. You might find out more about it on the CAS Forum. One piece grips are the best fitted I've seen. Mine cost $560. I recently an Uberti 1872 Open Top from Cimerron. Uberti is another Italian Mfg. who make Civil War period pistols and Rifles, cap and ball, conversions and SSA aka piecemaker.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts