Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
It bothers me most because this kind of action provides the libs and anti's with fuel to fight the LAC gun enthusiasts. Keeps giving guns a black eye.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Gun free zone.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Though this happened on campus, I don't think this can be called a mass shooting. It happened at 1:20 a.m. in a dormitory parking lot. I'm inclined to go with women and/or alcohol (or drugs) as the reason for this shooting. Not your typical nut job shooting.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
If I was not such a devoted gun rights guy this would five me payuse. Why so many so quickly. I am not in favor of more laws as I do not trust Clinton Boxer etc with any more power.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The parking lot in question was on the edge of campus, but Delta Chi Fraternity's International Office is saying that some of their brothers were involved. (Not saying how, though). One dead and a shooter in custody makes this look more like Delaware State than it does Umpqua CC.

Edit: Yep, it's like Delaware State. It was an argument between two groups that became physical and one of the people involved pulled out a gun. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d-in-shooting-at-northern-arizona-university/

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
More info in after the 6 a.m. press conference. Just what I thought, women and booze. Turns out two rival fraternities (gangs), on their way to a party, were in a brawl in the parking lot. A frat bro came out of a library seeing this and opened fire on the opposing frat gang. Still a great many more details needed before any conclusions may be drawn.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Expect to see such stuff reported with enthusiasm for a while.

"THE MEDIA" has created a "thing" about shooting incidents that occur anywhere within a few miles of any center of education, and will scream headlines such as "Third School Shooting . . " on the front page, above the fold, in really big type. There is no connection between these other than what "THE MEDIA" can drum up to create a panic/crisis and fuel the anti-gun reaction of the left. What they always miss is the significance of the fact that such occurrences are always within "gun free zones", which is the real issue.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,548 Posts
Sacramento City College recently had something similar and being in California, the reactions were swift and knee-jerk. Afternoon fight at or near school parking lot and Sac media made it look like Columbine.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,548 Posts
More info in after the 6 a.m. press conference. Just what I thought, women and booze. Turns out two rival fraternities (gangs), on their way to a party, were in a brawl in the parking lot. A frat bro came out of a library seeing this and opened fire on the opposing frat gang. Still a great many more details needed before any conclusions may be drawn.
Words I didn't expect to see in the same sentence: frat bro, library. And was the library open 24/7?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Here's a pretty good run down of the story. Still not a lot of info but some things have come out. The shooter retrieved the gun from his car as he was being chased by two would be assailants. As soon as the cops showed up, he stopped shooting, surrendered his firearm without incident and cooperated.

Some of the news outlets are insinuating that he went to his car to get the gun and then go back to the fight, which fits the charges of first degree murder. But in other articles it is made clear he was being pursued and threatened with bodily harm by an overwhelming force. At the moment he had retrieved the gun out of the glove box, the attackers were 10 yards from him. and closing.

Full story here ---> Northern Arizona University shooting: Alleged gunman faces 1st degree murder, assault charges - ABC15 Arizona

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
3,256 Posts
It doesn't matter what the situation was, it will be reported as a "mass school shooting".

According to "low testosterone people against gun violence" and other such groups, we have nice or ten mass school shootings every hour in the US, you know.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I was informed that concealed carry permit holders are 3-4x more likely to commit mass murder than the average person in a discussion about concealed carry on campus in Texas... So I went to the Violence Policy Center and Mass Shooting Tracker to get some numbers. The Violence Policy Center says there were 15 incidents of mass murder between 2007 and now perpetrated by concealed carry permit holders that match the FBI mass murder definition of 4 victims killed not including the perpetrator. (Source: Concealed Carry Killers). There have been 176 total mass murders in the same period and with the same definition. (Sources: Mass Shooting Tracker, The FBI Office of Partner Engagement). That's 8.5% of mass murder perpetrated by concealed carry permit holders. The most conservative estimate for concealed permit holders as a percentage of the adult population in the US is 8% or more. Assuming that the absolutely lowest possible estimate for the number of concealed carry permit holders is right, we're no more likely to commit mass murder (because any difference less than 1.5% isn't statistically significant with this data).

At the very worst, concealed carry permit holders commit mass murder at the same rate as the general population. It's amazing to me that gun muggles think that they have reason and education on their side.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I was informed that concealed carry permit holders are 3-4x more likely to commit mass murder than the average person in a discussion about concealed carry on campus in Texas... So I went to the Violence Policy Center and Mass Shooting Tracker to get some numbers. The Violence Policy Center says there were 15 incidents of mass murder between 2007 and now perpetrated by concealed carry permit holders that match the FBI mass murder definition of 4 victims killed not including the perpetrator. (Source: Concealed Carry Killers). There have been 176 total mass murders in the same period and with the same definition. (Sources: Mass Shooting Tracker, The FBI Office of Partner Engagement). That's 8.5% of mass murder perpetrated by concealed carry permit holders. The most conservative estimate for concealed permit holders as a percentage of the adult population in the US is 8% or more. Assuming that the absolutely lowest possible estimate for the number of concealed carry permit holders is right, we're no more likely to commit mass murder (because any difference less than 1.5% isn't statistically significant with this data).

At the very worst, concealed carry permit holders commit mass murder at the same rate as the general population. It's amazing to me that gun muggles think that they have reason and education on their side.
I wonder how many of those concealed carries where the victim and was simply fighting back and took out more than 3 of his attackers. Probably not many I would guess, but the statistic alone does not tell you everything you need to know - and that is a statistically significant fact.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
No matter the location or the particular situation this violence crap & killings this is giving Obummer & the anti gun people ammunition just to bring stiffer gun control. Obummer would love to use his damn executive order again before he is out of office to pass some sort of Gun Control Bill!! This is what scares me!!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I wonder how many of those concealed carries where the victim and was simply fighting back and took out more than 3 of his attackers. Probably not many I would guess, but the statistic alone does not tell you everything you need to know - and that is a statistically significant fact.
None, unfortunately. Mostly domestic abuse without prior legal problems, one case of domestic abuse that involved previous arrests and a protective order (which would invalidate the concealed carry permit if current laws were followed), one guy who double tapped everyone inside a restaurant after being banned from there for bad behavior and then fatally carjacked someone to get away (he was diagnosed with a mental illness which likewise should've invalidated his CCW but red tape kept that from happening), three cases of delusions/paranoia from undiagnosed mental disorders (including the Navy Yard Shooter), one case of a young man that killed his former neighbors/adopted family in order to have sex with an adopted brother's (then dead) girlfriend (got to be some kind of screw loose there, too), and the rest are people who went on a rampage after being let go at work. It's clear that more than half of these people are statutorily prohibited from owning firearms, anyway. The fact that they were able to get CCW permits only shows that the system doesn't work.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
It bothers me most because this kind of action provides the libs and anti's with fuel to fight the LAC gun enthusiasts. Keeps giving guns a black eye.
...and this is why they instituted the gun free zones.
Get enough killings and the "weeping", "feeling", sheeple will give up more rights! :(

Common-Sense is dead, it died along with "Man-hood"! :mad:

Don't believe me? Go look at the the history of the "women's movement" and "gun control", they parallel and intertwine in every turn.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts