Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,546 Posts
Agreed!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Absolutely agree, I was raised to respect cops and I know from personal experience that they have a tough job and that the majority are top notch people!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I would actually hazard to state that MOST of them AREN'T jerks, even without the posted examples.

Unless your getting caught breaking the law most of them are pretty nice people. Yeah, there are a few that are jerks no matter what but they are a small minority.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Agreed. Problem is the jerks wield a power they have no capacity to control. Unfortunately the smear ends up on the guys out there doing a tough job for crap pay.

I suggest we pay the cops what the politicos make and vice versa. We may end up with better people in both positions.

BTW I am the first male in the (Dad's Side) family in 5 generations not to be a city police officer. So I've seen a few things in my days concerning the subject. Dad walked a beat his whole career. Real cops who knew their people.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I think that many of the problems that arise is the fact that the perps don't have respect for the police! These were some very heart warming stories. I have always tried to show respect for police men. After all they are human beings that should be shown respect with the dangers that come with their jobs. This is a good thread thanks to the OP for sharing!!!

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Just as not all people that receive tickets are jerks, of course not all those that issue them are jerks. Sadly in both cases, the idiots command the most attention of the media.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Absolutely, positively true - not all cops are jerks. In fact, it is only a very, very tiny percentage who may arguably be jerks. Problem is, some low-life dirt bag figures some incident (in which the dirt bag was 100% at fault) will be their lottery ticket to fame and fortune and the media plays it up pointing the finger at the cops.

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
Also score free coffee too. :p
Not any more. My department forbids us to accept anything "free" - not even a cup of coffee. Not even if they insist. And they're by strict about enforcing that rule.

Jim

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not any more. My department forbids us to accept anything "free" - not even a cup of coffee. Not even if they insist. And they're by strict about enforcing that rule.

Jim
Sure they are Jim.. (as he watches laidlerj scarf down the glazed jelly filled donut he just "snuck" him.) :D

·
VRWC Charter Member
2,014 Posts
Believe it or not, cops are people, too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts