Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I brought home my new SR45. Cleaned, lubed and proceeded to dry fire (with mag inserted) and was disappointed with the "gritty" feel and somewhat long trigger pull. Now I'm hoping that the trigger will eventually smoothen out with repeated use because I really like all the other features of this pistol. I hope that others familiar with this series of pistols can reassure me that I can expect a smoother pull with repeated use.

As a comparison, the trigger on my Springfield XDS has a much smoother and crisper trigger but to be fair, the XDS has digested a little more than 600 rounds.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey, Garpo

Grittiness will smooth out, yes.

I was not completely satisfied with my SR trigger either.

However, there are options to make it much better.

Smooth It Trigger Kits for Ruger SR9, SR9c, SR40, SR40c, SR45 :: SR9 and SR40 Performance Parts :: Ruger? Performance :: Galloway Precision

kit 4 has the trigger spring and the reset bar as well as other parts for $65. Those 2 parts will make the most significant improvement, the others really are not noticeable.

Or you can get kit 1 for $17.50 and then get the reset bar by itself for $20 which gives you just the 2 parts (well plus one other spring that wont make a noticeable difference, but wont hurt).

http://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/sr/ultimate-trigger-reset-bar-for-ruger-sr9-sr40-sr45/

This is what I did on my SR and SRC

Just a note: Ruger fixed a BIG amount of the trigger issues when they came out with the SRC. However, even though the trigger part/kit did not make as big of a difference on my SRC, it still was noticeable.

Hope this helps.

Doc

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doc, I'm happy to see that there is a cure. ;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or you can get kit 1 for $17.50 and then get the reset bar by itself for $20 which gives you just the 2 parts (well plus one other spring that wont make a noticeable difference, but wont hurt).

Ultimate Trigger Reset Bar for Ruger SR9, SR40, SR45, SR9c, SR40c :: SR9 and SR40 Performance Parts :: Ruger? Performance :: Galloway Precision

This is what I did on my SR and SRC

Doc
Doc,

For those of us with very little gunsmithing abilities, how difficult is it to do the modifications?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Garpo,

It would not be easy.
I see that but at this point in time I think I'll just shoot the snot out of it!

I took it to the range yesterday and fired about 200 rounds through it. The amazing thing is that I actually didn't notice the gritty trigger. I was so happy with how accurate and how comfortable it was to shoot the pistol, that the trigger wasn't much of a concern. This may be premature or all in my head but after the session and dry firing another 200 times, the trigger is starting to become smoother. Or, it just may be that I'm getting used to it and that's okay with me. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
That they are, very nice accurate shooters.

I have some guns that I will not sell or trade and my 2 SR, my XD and one of my 1911 are definitely a few of them. There are a few others.

Doc

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately, she is going back to Ruger due to blotchy Nitride finish.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts