Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at holsters for the SP-101 with a 4.2 inch barrel and not very many choices....I have had a Nylon holster that fits it for years but don't really care for them...the ones I have seen I didn't like...I saw this Holster for a Beretta 92 SB/F Bianchi #19 and the GUN SHOP gave me a nice deal since I was buying the Ruger and a crap load of ammo from them so I couldn't pass it up..$20 bucks I cant go wrong...I have worked with leather many many years ago so I decided to get this because even in its new state with the mold for the Beretta the SP101 felt good going in and coming out and wore nicely on my belt plus was easy to conceal the Ruger by just letting my T-Shirt Hang over it...I am not done working the leather to smooth out the Beretta Mold but I am making good progress....I will also add a second male snap to the strap, for the factory grips and when I get some bigger grips the original snap will work for them.....I aint looking for beauty, looking for function and ease of use which it does do for me.....Gun is angled just right for my draw...Before Pic and Current pic....the original mold was well defined and is fading nicely ...Any thoughts on this, what yall think, probably take a week to get it smoothed out like I want.....I am disabled so I have the time...first pic is current, second pic is straight out package

Attachments

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Looks like you will make this holster work. Shop Ruger also has some nice holster's for a Ruger SP101 4.2

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks like you will make this holster work. Shop Ruger also has some nice holster's for a Ruger SP101 4.2
The Gun Shop had one of the Holsters for a Rugar SP101 4.2"...I didn't like it. I saw my current one and tried it even though it was formed for a Beretta and it felt good and I knew it would take some working but I could smooth out the Beretta form, I saw a Simply Rugged Holster on youtube that a guy doing the review of this gun wore and I am looking for one like that, but for now this thing fits great.....not tight not loose, it works great like the way its made around the trigger which does add in making it sweet to draw....just have to get another male snap for the outer strap and its good to go for romping through the woods here in the mountains....the seem on the back side is thick and the bottom of the barrel sits on it like its made for it....I have smoothed it out even more since that last picture...when its where I want it I will post a finale picture

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
You made it look nice...that's for sure! I got my holster for my 4" SP101 in .22lr (an older, 6-shot model) from Triple K Leather...here are several options for the 4.02" SP101 Revolver: Gun Holsters and Gun Magazines by Triple K :: Holster Search by Gun Type Just type in 'Ruger SP101 4,2' and it'll give you several options to choose from...I prefer their Woodsman Holster!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You made it look nice...that's for sure! I got my holster for my 4" SP101 in .22lr (an older, 6-shot model) from Triple K Leather...here are several options for the 4.02" SP101 Revolver: Gun Holsters and Gun Magazines by Triple K :: Holster Search by Gun Type Just type in 'Ruger SP101 4,2' and it'll give you several options to choose from...I prefer their Woodsman Holster!
Thanks for the link Bro, I saw a few things I want to get....really like the #191 Vertical Challenger Shoulder Holster, they have one for the SP101 4.2" ....I will have to see if my local Gun Shop can get it for me, he usually can get stuff for a lot less than buying it off the internet, I have been looking for this exact shoulder holster.....I am trying to decide on a good option for carrying spare ammo...any suggestions....speed loaders with a couple pouches for my belt or just a nylon belt add on that holds bullets for my belt.......I used some leather conditioner and smoothed out my current holster and think I am gonna stop here for now and see how it goes....may try and find someone to either paint or use one of those tools to put a design on this holster...here are a few more pictures......I think it looks pretty nice...

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe I got the holster like I want....just need to add the snap button to the strap Tuesday....The Berretta form/molding is gone..used some leather conditioner and that did the trick

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts