Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own more Rugers than any other in my handgun collection and have a 10/22. My first centerfire handgun was a new stainless Security Six in 1978. I traded it for a like new Blackhawk in .357 which I still have. I had a P95 which I traded for a Taurus M85UL when I got my CCW in 96 and bought a P85 with two 15 round mags from a friend. I have a P90 I absolutely love and a .45 colt Blackhawk that I adorned with stag grips and engraving, love that thing, too. Just bought a SP101 from son-in-law I really like, have an Old Army cap and ball, and the 10/22. Never owned a bad Ruger. So, current count....

P85
P90
.357 Blackhawk
.45 colt blackhawk
Old Army
SP101 .357 magnum 2.3"
10/22

Here's my show off gun, not just looks, thing is awesome accurate.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welocme glad to have ya herw ith us.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yea he has a nice looking shooter there guess we will keep him a while lol.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcom Tex, felt the same way when I discovered the site. So just how many BBQ's has that PISTOLEE shot up.... :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Aww... I believe there are "Taurus Armed " people here as well as Ruger lovers. This is a very nice site...welcome aboard!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. Yeah, it's a showy piece, but it's also a rugged working outdoor gun. I got a little carried away spending money on it, but I always wanted an engraved single action and Blackhawks are my favorite single action.

quote:And that is a NICE .45! I don't think I've seen a picture of it before.
I think I put it in the "other guns" gallery on taurusarmed.net. :D Yeah, you talked me into signing up over here.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome from west-central Texas. Sure is a purty one you got there.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Awesome collection of rugers. Who spiffed up that .45 Blackhawk for you. That is a nice "texas barbeque" gun.

And welcome. Good to have you here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by B.Roberts

Awesome collection of rugers. Who spiffed up that .45 Blackhawk for you. That is a nice "texas barbeque" gun.

And welcome. Good to have you here.
Thanks. The engraving was by a local fellow name of Logan who'd worked as an engraver for the Colt factory in his younger days. He'd also ran a radio show in Louisiana in the 50s known as "The Louisiana Hay Ride" and a claim to fame was giving Elvis his break in show biz. He was 91 years old when he did my gun, was well known in the area, and living in Seadrift, Texas. He woke up every morning in his later years and went wade fishing for a few hours before working. He passed away about 5 years ago. He did all his work with hand punches and mallets and was an impressive artisan.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
NativeTexan,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, I see you are already enjoying the fellowship here, great people and as you know great guns, again welcome.
peace

1 - 20 of 24 Posts