Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a ruger lcr 9mm, its my only handgun and my wife gave me some money yesterday and told me to go shopping :D i was gonna get another lcr 9mm, don't know why i like two of the same gun but that's the way i am i guess. the shops had no lcr's and to order a 9mm the price has went up, i gave a little over $440 just before Christmas now all the shops want $519 or more + tax. so i looked around and somehow came away with a 22lr/22mag black widow, it wasn't bad i thought at $360 otd with 6 boxes of cci 22mag ammo and 1 bulk box of federal 22lr. 1st question is who owns one and how are they? second are they lower profile sights than whats on it? couldn't get a pic as my camera is not working but here is the pic from the web site. thanks

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
22s rule. I have a WASP in 22LR only and I really like it. Disapears in my jeans watch pocket.
Enjoy yours.

Oh BTW, keep a pack of baby wipes in your range bag, you will get quit dirty hands shooting these little guns.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I got a standard .22 Mag. Not the most accurate gun ever made, but it is for up close and personal. They are quality guns.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
These little guns are made in Utah. About 10 miles south of me, to the OP let us know how it shoots!!! The Hornady Critical Defense .22 Magnum 45 grain FTX bullet this is the load I carry in my .22 Magnum LCR

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Excellent 2nd choice. ... :D

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Nice little piece. A 22 mag is nothing to sneeze at either. Great pocket carry.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice little piece. A 22 mag is nothing to sneeze at either. Great pocket carry.
i got 6 boxes with my gun, and from what i have found online they may be all i'll ever have with it. i found only one place online that was in stock and they wanted $31.00 a box of 50 fiochi 22 magnum. there is no way i'm gonna pay that, i'll just use 22lr or trade the gun. i thought this ammo shortage was over my local shop has plenty 22lr at fair prices. now it's 22 mag that can't be found for a good price. well i will not shoot magnum until i have at least a 1000rds saved, so it may be a while. but i have lots of 22lr so i may give that a try. thanks

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i got 6 boxes with my gun, and from what i have found online they may be all i'll ever have with it. i found only one place online that was in stock and they wanted $31.00 a box of 50 fiochi 22 magnum. there is no way i'm gonna pay that, i'll just use 22lr or trade the gun. i thought this ammo shortage was over my local shop has plenty 22lr at fair prices. now it's 22 mag that can't be found for a good price. well i will not shoot magnum until i have at least a 1000rds saved, so it may be a while. but i have lots of 22lr so i may give that a try. thanks
Not a great idea...
22LR and 22 Mag are NOT interchangeable like 38 specials in a 357 Magnum. The case diameter of the 22 Mag is larger. While 22LR will chamber and fire, you run the risk of split cases allowing gases to escape rearwards toward the shooter. Lowered chamber pressure from split case can result in under powered loads and possibly a squib. NOT WORTH THE RISK.
For you own sake, please only use 22 Magnum ammunition.

EDIT (2/22/16): Never mind... I see in the OPs post the revolver is a 22LR/22 Mag swap cylinder. Sorry for the above rant. Thanks Jonsey

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have a PUG .22 WMR and I love it, it's probably among my most carried guns.

I don't care that people say .22 WMR has no advantage out of a 1" barrel vs. a hot LR, I still feel better with the PUG loaded with Critical Defense WMR than I do with my .22 LR Mini loaded with Velocitors.

A round of .22 WMR center mass will still make a bad guy think about his life decisions.....

FYI Pine Tree Castings makes the frames for all the NAA guns, even the Guardian, so it's still kind of a Ruger:)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not a great idea...
22LR and 22 Mag are NOT interchangeable like 38 specials in a 357 Magnum. The case diameter of the 22 Mag is larger. While 22LR will chamber and fire, you run the risk of split cases allowing gases to escape rearwards toward the shooter. Lowered chamber pressure from split case can result in under powered loads and possibly a squib. NOT WORTH THE RISK.
For you own sake, please only use 22 Magnum ammunition.
Reading comprehension is your friend. In the original post he says he got the 22/22mag version. It is convertible by swapping cylinders.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
$31 for 50 rounds?
Try these .
Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Ammunition :: Rimfire :: 22 WMR

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I had one in 22 lr. with a pocket clip on it. It disappears in your pocket and I would use it as a last ditch weapon only.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would love to find Hornady CD at $16+ MSRP anywhere. Anything higher is pure extra profit for a seller. I have not had any luck finding this at any price here locally in S FL....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would love to find Hornady CD at $16+ MSRP anywhere. Anything higher is pure extra profit for a seller. I have not had any luck finding this at any price here locally in S FL....
i live in bugtussle, kentucky about 1 mile from the tennessee line. i have a walmart in tompkinsville, ky at 14 miles away and lafayette tn about 14 miles away. went to tompkinsville today, was told 10 or more boxes of 22 mag showed up and was gone by 3pm so i missed that, they had a lot of 22lr on the shelf of cci mini mags. went to lafayette for a different reason but went by sporting goods anyways, they had a lot come in and sold the last box 15 minutes before i got there but they too had 22lr on the shelf. the mag is $13 a box so i'm gonna keep a check on it now.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading comprehension is your friend. In the original post he says he got the 22/22mag version. It is convertible by swapping cylinders.
BY GOLLY your right !!!
It's right there in the OPs post and everything. ;):D
My bad...
Carry on

1 - 17 of 17 Posts