·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but the revolver we need.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Yes! I can imagine situations where that might come in handy: zombie apocalypse, Steel Challenge matches....

Jim

·
Registered
717 Posts
Ha!............that's funny.
I don't play video games so I don't know-----is that part of a commercial video game or something someone just put together for fun?

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha!............that's funny.
I don't play video games so I don't know-----is that part of a commercial video game or something someone just put together for fun?
Well, that's a good question. That's where being old and not into the big Fallout 4 types of games doesn't help. I don't understand half of what they're saying. But I - think- it's something done for fun. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Actually that joke should be more reserved for typical Hollywood action movies where the guns seem to have unlimited magazines. Or 6 shot revolvers that somehow fire 15 shots. Video games on the other hand these days are pretty spot on due to the amount of research game developers do with gun manufacturers and Military. Hideo Kojima has always been really good at including lots of gun info in his games so even if you don't know squat about guns, you will know about them when you play one of his games.

If you want to make a realistic joke about modern day gun video games, make fun of the stupid regenerating health gimmick. God, how I hate games that do that crap. What happened to the good old days of Wolfenstein 3D or Doom where you had to actually have a thing called skill to avoid being wrecked and had to conserve the health pickups scattered around the level?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well, that's a good question. That's where being old and not into the big Fallout 4 types of games doesn't help.
Hey!!!!!
I'm not old.
I'm chronologically enhanced.:p

·
Premium Member
14,402 Posts
Not that's a speedloader!

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Actually that joke should be more reserved for typical Hollywood action movies where the guns seem to have unlimited magazines. Or 6 shot revolvers that somehow fire 15 shots. Video games on the other hand these days are pretty spot on due to the amount of research game developers do with gun manufacturers and Military. Hideo Kojima has always been really good at including lots of gun info in his games so even if you don't know squat about guns, you will know about them when you play one of his games.

If you want to make a realistic joke about modern day gun video games, make fun of the stupid regenerating health gimmick. God, how I hate games that do that crap. What happened to the good old days of Wolfenstein 3D or Doom where you had to actually have a thing called skill to avoid being wrecked and had to conserve the health pickups scattered around the level?
I can think of a lot of descriptive terms to apply to video games. Spot on has never come to mind on this subject. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
All the ejected rounds where unfired and slamming the cylinder open and closed one handed! I'm glad that's not my revolver.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
That revolver is way too big to pocket carry. ... :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
All the ejected rounds where unfired and slamming the cylinder open and closed one handed! I'm glad that's not my revolver.
You can do that with a make believe gun.
They are very well built. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts