Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just stumbled upon this forum while doing some research on 9mm ccw. I recently just started shooting, so I am not so hot on the terminology and abbreviations. I've got a .44 Super Redhawk and I love it. I've really had the itch for a nice CCW. I mostly like 9mm because it seems like they are readily available in most places and they seem to do the trick because I know a lot of tactical teams seem to rely on them. I suppose I'm comfortable with Ruger because I enjoy my S.R.H. so much.

I have good sized hands, so I am concerned the LC9 may be a bit difficult. Also, I wear a leather vest during spring and summer so larger CCW is not a problem.

I have absolutely no reason to carry a gun except for the fact that I want to exorcise my rights. And, it might come in handy one day. So, this is why I'm here. What are some recommended (non-revolver)Rugers that I can take for a test shoots? It has to be fun to shoot also.

Thanks Guys!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hey all,

"I mostly like 9mm because it seems like they are readily available in most places and they seem to do the trick.

I have good sized hands, so I am concerned the LC9 may be a bit difficult. Also, I wear a leather vest during spring and summer so larger CCW is not a problem.
I have absolutely no reason to carry a gun except for the fact that I want to exorcise my rights. And, it might come in handy one day. So, this is why I'm here. What are some recommended (non-revolver)Rugers that I can take for a test shoots? It has to be fun to shoot also.

Thanks Guys!
Welcome from AZ!
Check out a Ruger SR9c, sounds exactly what you are looking for. Great shooter, good fire power(10 or 17rds) and easy to CCW with the right clothes.
Love mine!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Welcome!
A 9? SR9 or 9C for sure. As far as if you carry I feel even the full size SR9 would work since I carry an SR40 all day everyday. Plus I think they are a sweet running design.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
A 9? SR9 or 9C for sure.
+1. These are gems. You should definitely look these over. Can't go wrong.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome from nevada! if concealment and/or size aren't a major issue, especially since it sounds like you prefer something with a larger grip, the P95 is a nice option for the price. i had many positive recommendations from friends before i got mine and i haven't been disappointed since i got it. and again, the price is right. enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hey all,

I just stumbled upon this forum while doing some research on 9mm ccw. I recently just started shooting, so I am not so hot on the terminology and abbreviations. I've got a .44 Super Redhawk and I love it. I've really had the itch for a nice CCW. I mostly like 9mm because it seems like they are readily available in most places and they seem to do the trick because I know a lot of tactical teams seem to rely on them. I suppose I'm comfortable with Ruger because I enjoy my S.R.H. so much.
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Welcome from Colorado

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome aboard, from Southern Indiana. Naturally there are a number of Ruger recommendations to answer you request, and they will do the job. Alternative choices could be the Taurus 709-slim. or the Taurus 24/7 G2 for a bigger capacity.

Lots of good Smith 9mm's on the used market at reasonable prices these days. Shop around to find one that fits your hand and shooting style. Gun-shopping is a real 'fun' activity.
AL

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Welcome. The SR9c is a great CCW pistol. Small and light with an amazing trigger. Easy to maintain, a gem to shoot, and accurate.

Buy one and then practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
838 Posts
SR9c is perfect for CC except in really warm weather, then a LC9 is great. Both are dependable and accurate, the SR9c or SR40c are much nicer for range shooting and good for home defense too. Pick the one that appeals to you the most, you can't go wrong with any of them.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
howdy and welcome from middle Dixie.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.