Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When hunting we not only have to worry about our smell and being seen now we have to worry about our electrical field. Just watched a commercial for hunting clothing that has a carbon fiber grid built into to create a Fariday cage effect that will cut down on our electrical emissions that animals can feel.

Another gimmick to take our money?

Google HECS

·
Registered
717 Posts
One of the accessories you get as a bonus when you buy the clothing is a nice new shiny tinfoil hat.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
There are nearly as many gimmicks for us hunters as there are for fishermen

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Don't buy into it, it's a conspiracy... Seriously though, all there gimmicks are highly ridiculous. If I went through everything they say I should, I wouldn't hunt. Hunting should be simple and relaxing, not stressful and complex. I'd rather go out in Blue jeans and an Orange coat than go through all that crap.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
When hunting we not only have to worry about our smell and being seen now we have to worry about our electrical field. Just watched a commercial for hunting clothing that has a carbon fiber grid built into to create a Fariday cage effect that will cut down on our electrical emissions that animals can feel.

Another gimmick to take our money?

Google HECS
Sounds like a good product for Myth Busters to try out.

I'm not sure if the suit works, but animals being able to sense electrical fields, would explain somethings. I've always maintained that we limit what we think possible by our own 5 senses when we've never seen like an eagle or smelled (as in perceived odors) like a dog. Although I've smelled humans that smell worse than any dog!

EDIT: I just read a little more about this and it is an interesting subject. Anyone here ever heard of Reiki? Basically, it's a technique that helps heal through Reiki's human energy powers. I've known massage therapists that know it and had one use it on me once. I'd recently had major foot surgery and it was causing me a lot of pain. I had heard a little about Reiki before but didn't believe in it. He offered to use it on me and I said, sure go ahead. He also told me that my believing in it had nothing to do with it's effectiveness. I didn't notice anything right away, but the next day my leg/foot was feeling much better. And even after that, I still didn't give it any credence, but after reading what I did today, maybe that explains why my foot actually did feel better!

I don't know if this suit works or not, but until it's proven not to, it might bear looking into... if you're a hunter, which I'm not.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I've never understood the bundle some hunters spend on camo. Then some of them will top it with a blaze orange cap, or even a blaze vest!

As I understand it, most animals see little if any color. They go by scent and sound. A deer hunter could wear hot pink and it wouldn't matter to the deer, except the guy's buddies hooting over his outfit would scare everything off for miles.......:D

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
How is it possible that I've been so lucky? Somehow I've managed to fill my tags just fine wearing whatever was handy, usually jeans and a UT sweatshirt with boots or sneakers. Sometimes shorts and a T shirt, no scent blockers, no deer piss on my boots, no mega cammo and never any orange anything{not necessary in TX}.
Is it really that big of a secret that all you need to do is be still and quiet and stay downwind?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have to chuckle about the clothing sales and scent avoiders and other stuff.

Here's my wife with her Doe taken last month. we had planned for cooler weather, but the days we were out (in Missouri) it was 90 degrees. Jan needed some pockets to put stuff in while we were out in the field...and all she had for warm weather was a set of scrubs from her work...so she used them. We joked about the "Easter Bunny Camo", but it does sort of prove the point about the reality of "disguise".
Take a look at the camo...

Well hidden by the camo, she 'snipers' her Hog shot !!

·
Registered
530 Posts
My father and grand father wore these big red and black plaid hunting jackets, jeans and boots to hunt in. Most hunters I new had those ugly jackets. Have deer just gotten smarter that those don't work anymore?

I don't hunt right now because I don't have the time but if i did I would be wearing balze orange with all the people in the woods these days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mayor Al and I probably agree. For over 50 years flannel shirts and jeans have worked for me in Texas. Of course we probably have really stupid deer that do not know they can feel my electrical presence. Besides the scrubs look comfortable, think I will try some in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The problem is new hunters that didn't had "old timers" to mentor them, believe in all that stuff on TV, including the "new suits to reduce electrical emissions ".

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
All this hunting gear reminds me of when I was a kid. We lived out in the country about 50 miles north of San Francisco.

Seemed like each year around pheasant season we would see someone drive in the far end of our orchard (without permission) in an expensive 4WD truck or Jeep.
Sometimes before I could run them off they would take a shot our direction and pepper the barn or the tractor.

When I got to them they would invariably be dressed to the nines in expensive hunting clothes, fancy boots, hats, and carrying incredibly expensive shotguns. City slickers!

And they would say the same things "We thought this was open country." "We didn't know we needed permission to shoot out here". Or the best one of all "We have permission from the landowner".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts