Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know why (I guess I've always known) I prefer outdoor rifle target shooting, after standing for 30 minutes at an indoor range really gets my hips aching, the last 30 minutes I was able use a chair to take the pressure off my hips ...

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think I'm getting the frustration and thus the reason for the post but....Seems like you got it figured out at the indoor range for the last 30 minutes. Why not from the beginning?

I hear ya though, I'm old enough to now just ask right away or make something work for me if need be. I'm not proud....and proud of it!

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Bad hips?? I know all about them...........that's why I go prone. Trust me, I feel your pain brother.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,690 Posts
I'll take outdoor shooting over indoors anytime. The A/C is nice when it's 100 degrees outside, but the noise, concussion, and limitations on distance on an indoor range make it my 2nd choice.

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm getting the frustration and thus the reason for the post but....Seems like you got it figured out at the indoor range for the last 30 minutes. Why not from the beginning?

I hear ya though, I'm old enough to now just ask right away or make something work for me if need be. I'm not proud....and proud of it!
There were only 3 folding chairs and all were being used till someone left ...

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bad hips?? I know all about them...........that's why I go prone. Trust me, I feel your pain brother.
Folks who have no physical issues don't know how lucky they are ... I make do with what I've got ...

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
All the indoor rames I frequent have chairs to use for shooting. Ihave 2 articial kneew and an artificial hip so prone would take me 2 minuts to get down to and help getting up.

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
All the indoor rames I frequent have chairs to use for shooting. Ihave 2 articial kneew and an artificial hip so prone would take me 2 minuts to get down to and help getting up.
I was born with spina bifida, i consider myself lucky that i can walk. Getting down and up, lol lol i would have the whole range running for cover ...

You should see me trying to pick up my brass ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts