Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It would definitely be interesting if Ruger decided to Build a Marlin 22 pistol . sure do they need to ? No but it would be Cool to see one .. But they now have the .22 Rimfire Game Won for sure .. Especially with the Recent Acquisition of Marlin firearms.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well since Ruger owns Marlin now it would be in Rugers favor and could be a success if Done right .. Like I said they don't need to do it. But with Ruger being the largest and most with all the other stuff they produce for many different industries at their pine tree castings location . I know it's a silly thing to wish about but hey it could just work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What I do see is a world class lever action
Agree, and hopefully including one chambered for the .327 Federal Magnum at a better price point than the Henry.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Agree, and hopefully including one chambered for the .327 Federal Magnum at a better price point than the Henry.
Lever gun in 327 oh heck yes, but it needs a solid wood stock not Tupperware ...

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Maybe a Ruglin Mare's Leg in .22?

Reactions: OldP90GUY

·
Registered
610 Posts
With the new ownership, hopefully Ruger's great CS will carry over to the Marlin line up. My Model 60 SS shoots Great, but probably won't forever! :rolleyes: ;)

Ted

·
Registered
511 Posts
oldbrass said:
I see no Marlin 22 pistol in the future, that would directly compete with the Ruger revolver and Mark series. What I do see is a world class lever action
Why does a lever action and a pistol have to be mutually exclusive?

When we were kids, my brother had a pneumatic pellet pistol that pumped up with a lever action. The pivot was just under the muzzle and the handle snapped up to rest just in front of the trigger guard. I think it would certainly be possible to combine the Marlin lever action knowledge with Ruger's pistol knowledge for a very cool 22lr pistol design.

I would love to see a Marlin lever action pistol!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Lever gun in 327 oh heck yes, but it needs a solid wood stock not Tupperware ...
Yeah, Marlin (Ruger) needs an 1894 in .327 to pair-up with their Blackhawk
Maybe even offer them as a "Paired Combo" with match SNs !
At least offer the 1894 and give Henry a run for their money

My .22 Combo:

.357 Set-up

And the 44 Combo Set:

The .327 dream Combo:

Reactions: dlbind
1 - 11 of 11 Posts