Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice pocket watch, brings back some memories..

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I like the look of that watch. I'm a pocket watch fan, especially when wearing bibs. Thanks for the post, looks like a buy. Maybe

·
Super Moderator
21,864 Posts
My great uncle was a railroad man and had a railroad pocket watch. Several years ago my mother had it fixed and gave it to me. It is a big watch and too large for most watch pockets in todays jeans otherwise I would carry it. This is one listed on e-bay and looks just like it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Beautiful watch.

After the introduction of the mobile phone, I noticed that over the years, college students quit wearing any kind of watch. It's too bad really. There is much to admire in a well crafted watch.

In our area, it is almost impossible to find a good watchmaker to repair or work on a quality wind-up watch. Nowadays, they are just equipped to replace the battery. :eek:

I urge you to go ahead and get the Ruger watch. From your reaction, I think you will get many hours of enjoyment from it. If it makes you happy, don't worry about anyone else's reaction. :D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I have always loved the old fashioned ways, the way we used to dress especially.
I'd love to go back in time sometime (for a short time) for this very reason.
And have a pocket watch in my waist coat pocket..... :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Okay looking. But not a wind up. Battery driven pocket watches do nothing for me. Now, had it been a real wind up version, then I would buy it. But for $89.99 I expect something better than that.

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
The age of mobile phones has finished killing pocket watches and even watches for a large part. Of course, I just drive my knife in the ground and check the shadow for the time, even at night.

But it is a sweet looking watch.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice, but I too prefer a windup. Carried one for number of years and still have my Grandfathers from the 40's. I quit wearing a watch the day I retired, and unlike some, a cell phone is an emergency item only for me.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I carried a pocket watch decades ago and loved it. Problem is the old windups need...................well winding. And they aren't very accurate compared to watches now. But I use my cell phone or computer to tell me what time it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts