Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a website http://www.montana-sucks.com/index.html that is just too funny... Some old timer local residents may have just wanted to save their part of Montana, not realizing that we do love our tourist. They don't realize that Montana needs tourist and the dollars they bring into our state. All I can say for the person reponsible for creating the website is that they are living in the past, and there are many of us here the welcome tourist with open arms.

I know from my own past experience, with just visiting Montana. In 1990 my wife and I came here, I found a job and house on the same day and well, its been great. It will not be where we retire and build our new home as we are thinking Aloha to the Big Island of Hawaii to live in Ocean Veiw on the Islands southern tip by South Shore. But I just found the pictures funny and thought I would give you all a laugh.

The camping can be hazerdous

Even the weather doesn't like you and the scenery sucks.

We even have people that abuse the sheep.

Now I never seen Bigfork flood.... but really now.

Now don't let them house cats fool you, they aim to getch ya.

While walking out in the woods you just might find an amorus moose or two.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
JB, you might want to re-think your retirement home, if you really like your guns. Hawaii has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the US!
And honestly, I can understand why Montana natives would not want anymore people there. I visited there close to 20 years ago, and then just last year. It is amazing how many more people live there now compared to then. But, it is the same here where I live in KY. Twenty years ago this was a very rural area, but it has grown up so much, and property has sky-rocketed because of folks from other areas moving in here and buying up all the "cheap" land. Well, it aint cheap no more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

And honestly, I can understand why Montana natives would not want anymore people there. I visited there close to 20 years ago, and then just last year. It is amazing how many more people live there now compared to then. But, it is the same here where I live in KY. Twenty years ago this was a very rural area, but it has grown up so much, and property has sky-rocketed because of folks from other areas moving in here and buying up all the "cheap" land. Well, it aint cheap no more.
It's like that EVERYWHERE, Tim! Border to border, sea to shining sea!
There was a small town I had thought about in north central Florida. Their population has tripled in the last 20 years! Same with an area in south Alabama. Was a time when you couldn't give away land in the Texas Hill Country....not anymore!!! Colorado? nope! Western Wyoming....no way!
Population of my local area has increased prolly 10 times or more in the last 40 years and not slowing down.

More and more people and they gotta live SOMEWHERE![V]

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
We are living in unique times now. Our Grandchildren won't know what rural is as we know it now. With our immigration and population increase there won't be any rural areas 50 years from now. [V]

·
Registered
842 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

JB, you might want to re-think your retirement home, if you really like your guns. Hawaii has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the US!
You've sure got it right about KY. Don't know if you've been up around Louisville lately but most of the former farming areas within 25 miles have really built up in the last 10 or 15 years and we got furriners from from both North and South USA, plus most South American countries, Europe, the Mideast and others. You can go into our local Wal-Mart on the weekends and see all kinds of attire and hear every dialect from Spanish to Serbian to Swahili. I can't even understand the checkers any more!:D
Baker

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guy's it is like that everywhere.... it was just in our local paper this morning that an area that is farmland which is below one of my hunting areas, is slated for 3,000 homes to be built. They are just waiting for the approval of the County Planning Board and County Commissioners. They would be a fool to turn it down as it brings taxes, money to Flathead Electric, Century Tel Phone and Bresnan Cable Co. It also provides many locates for my company that locates an area many times over for differant needs.

It is a sign of the times, as places are expanding rappidly and well I have lived here since 1990. I was met with cordual attatudes since we moved here from California, but didn't come with a tree hugging attatude or PETA mentality. After about 3 years people changed towards the tumbleweeds that rolled into town. :D

But we are living in one of the fastest growing areas of Montana called The Flathead Valley, and here is an Satelite overhead of this area now. For a better look go to Google Earth and zoom in, but I have thumbnailed the Kalispell, Evergreen, Whitefish and Columbia Falls area. Imagine you see a lot of farm land, but that is all being sold off as the farmer no longer makes good off the crops that they would rather grow. But now are making big dollars selling off their land to developers. I did not include the Bigfork, Summers and Lakeside areas as I would of had to zoom out more to cover that area

1 - 6 of 6 Posts