Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accept what is right now and make peace with it and you
will experience the peace that passeth understanding.
If we can practice this moment-to-momentness it will
become second nature to us and we will truly live in
the NOW and not miss it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
....so says the wise sage.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great advice

Too bad many of us think of the word NOW in terms of " I want it NOW."

People are in too much of a hurry, or am I just getting older?

Gumby

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gumby, if it's your age it is mine too. Savoring the moment seems to have no meaning to Americans anymore. I remember lazy summer days and warm cozy winters. We've entered a new age of technology and it's fast paced. I keep running trying to keep up. Personally, I love living in the now and if everything doesn't get done then oh well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For most people, it is very hard to live in the Now. When I was a kid, I remember that stores were closed on Sundays, and a Holiday, was a Holiday. Today a Holiday is when all the stores are having a sale. For me, the first holiday to lose its meaning was New Year's Day. When stores started opening, I made a point of getting up early and shopping for clothes on that day, but as the years passed stores started to open on almost all the major holidays. I also remember that George Washington's birthday was a big deal for retailers. Ridiculous prices on stuff, just to get media attention. Anyone remember used cars for one hundred dollars, or bicycles for a couple of bucks?

Today it is hard for families to live in the Now. We have stores open 27/7, and stores just don't close for the holidays anymore. I feel sorry for the employees. Yes they might get a little extra pay for working on a holiday, but I'm seeing more and more stores open for Thanksgiving and even Christmas. How is that a holiday?

I have some great memories of those holidays when I was growing up. We seem to be losing the true meaning of what a holiday was supposed to be, and that is a sad thing for all of us.

Gumby

·
Super Moderator
21,673 Posts
We can't change yesterday, tomorrow may never come so all we really have is today.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
When you are happy inside and feel good about your self nothing else matters. You are in the now and living it up the highest. One of the best things about sass is once you have made a mistake by missing a shot. Then you get to hear the stories from others and the shots they missed. And we all have a good laugh and enjoy the moment, I have always felt that I was born in the wrong time and long for the ole west. But I am in the right time as I can appreicate the ole west and listen and read about the ole west and how it was then. I live in the now, when I am at a match I am in the now then but in the ole west.
Am I the best no far from it, will I ever be the best maybe not. But I am in the now and that to me is where its at, each of us each day enjoying the time we have now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts