Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a friends of the NRA banquet last weekend and saw their new gloss blued Hawkeye in 6.5 Creedmoor with the engraved floor plate and bolt. WOW what a pretty Rifle that is tastefully done. The only problem is it went home with someone else. Does anyone have any idea how many were made?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I certainly don't understand Ruger not bringing out their Hawkeye in a limited run 6.5 caliber rifle, such as the 6.5 Creedmoor, or even the 6.6x55 Swede as they did with the MK II. It took way too long for Ruger to finally offer the Hawkeye in 7mm08.

Apparently, Ruger wants to concentrate on the cheap rifles. I've been a Ruger fan for over 40 years, however - I may need to go with a Winchester Model 70 instead.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I certainly don't understand Ruger not bringing out their Hawkeye in a limited run 6.5 caliber rifle, such as the 6.5 Creedmoor, or even the 6.6x55 Swede as they did with the MK II. It took way too long for Ruger to finally offer the Hawkeye in 7mm08.

Apparently, Ruger wants to concentrate on the cheap rifles. I've been a Ruger fan for over 40 years, however - I may need to go with a Winchester Model 70 instead.
Their Hawkeye FTW Hunter & Predator are available in 6.5 Creedmoor.

The standard Hawkeye is available in 260 Remington, and Lipsey's just did a run of Hawkeye Africans in 6.5x55 (I have one on layaway that I grabbed on Gunbroker).

I have not seen a single Winchester M70 in 6.5 Creedmoor. The only 6.5 M70 is the 264 Win Mag. I find those tempting, but I bet we'll see a Hawkeye in 6.5 PRC soon....

·
Registered
114 Posts
I reckon I was referring to the standard, wood stocked Hawkeye model. The FTW model is a bit on the heavy side.

The African is a bit spendy and the Lipsey's 260 is the FS, which it is an attractive rifle, I guess I prefer a sporter weight barrel.

Currently, Winchester is offering several "Shot Show Special" models of their Model 70 in 6.5 Creedmoor. One of the models is the All Weather Extreme, I believe the other is the Featherweight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ruger M77 Hawkeye 6.5CRD Friends of NRA Available

I have this exact gun if you are interested. I won it at my local friends of NRA Banquet in 2018 and have never taken it out of the box, except to take pictures. Friends of NRA commissioned these as an exclusive item for their "High Caliber Clubs" and only one was allocated to each club, if they chose to buy it to offer for raffle or as an auction item at their event. I was the FFL dealer who handled the transfers for that club and, if I recall correctly, the NRA rep. said that there were only about 250 made. I do not have anything in writing and can't otherwise confirm that, however these were never released or offered through Ruger's or the NRA's catalog and no dealer or other person could just order one to have or sell. Message me for more info. This is not really my cup of tea and would entertain an offer.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts