Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link to provide you with up to date burn information and evacuation of the fire areas... which are still burning and choking us out.

http://www.1051cool.com/fire.htm

Last night my wife and I went down to Lakeside, and where we eat dinner down there on the water looking east, you usually can see across the Flathead Lake clear to the other side. Last night it was so bad with the smoke it looked like a thick fog you could cut with a knife.

Our clothing smells like forest fire, the air smells like forest fire, and working out in it daily, I come home with a layer of ash and dirt that I have to wash off in the shower.

We would love to just have clear air and the fires out once again.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Hope Mother Nature has a big rain (no lightning please) in store for you.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
The smoke inhalation with smell and ash is a pert I hadn't thought of. Just the actual fire danger. You guys may be contributing to the greenhouse effect and causing an increase of global warming. Hope it goes away and leaves you guys alone pretty soon.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a picture of where my wife and I love to eat. It is called the Docks located in Lakeside, and the view to the east across the Flathead Lake. In the picture taken at about 8:15 this morning is much clearer than this afternoon. I could not even make out the Rocky Mountains this afternoon.

Here is a nice sun rise, but the smoke in the air is keeping the sun from really shining thru.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks MtJerry for the overhead link, I was able to mail that one out to people who just have no idea of what we are choking on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts