Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt I will OC and I know there is another thread on this but just wanted to remind all and say Happy New Year !! Be safe everyone however you choose to carry !

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Happy New Year to you also. Open carry has always been allowed here. I have never done it in public. Only while hunting or hiking. There are a lot of things I can do, but don't. Call it common sence if you will. jMO

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I was out a little bit yesterday and I didn't see anyone carrying openly......including myself!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Its nice to have the option. There are those times when it is handy or necessary and the accidental show of the weapon, but imo concealed is best.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't open carry for the same reason I don't punch my self in the face. It would be stupid. First, you lose the element of surprise. Second, If someone decides to start shooting up the place I'm in, he is going to shoot me first if he sees my gun. Come on now, this is a no brainer.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
It is good from the aspect that since OC is legal, no one will get charged if they accidentally expose their concealed weapon. That said, OC is legal in Indiana, and I have never opened carry for the reason that I like the element of the unknown.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Imagine if everyone that could open carry, did. Who would be the target of the bad guy in this scenario? Is it possible if we all opened carry, the bad guys would feel outgunned and never attempt mayhem? Maybe the best outcome of a firefight is to not have a firefight to begin with. Why do we never hear of mayhem at gun shows and firing ranges? Could it be from the visual of the firearms in the ready? How is an armed society a polite society, if no one open carries? How polite would it be if everyone were to open carry?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Imagine if everyone that could open carry, did. Who would be the target of the bad guy in this scenario? Is it possible if we all opened carry, the bad guys would feel outgunned and never attempt mayhem? Maybe the best outcome of a firefight is to not have a firefight to begin with. Why do we never hear of mayhem at gun shows and firing ranges? Could it be from the visual of the firearms in the ready? How is an armed society a polite society, if no one open carries? How polite would it be if everyone were to open carry?
If we all open carried A LOT of people would be arrested because only 3% of the Texas population has a carry license(that statistic is based off the 2014 numbers on the DPS website). I get what you are saying though.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hmm... 11 Days into the New law and...
The streets ae not running red with blood
911 was not inundated with 'Man with a gun' calls (although dispatchers were ready for them)
No major new articles about it, except to remind people that it went into effect and...
reminding people NOT to confuse Licensed with College Carry, which doesn't go into effect until August.

in short... Texas did not self-destruct. :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
We have had open carry for a long while here in AZ and I am glad that TX has joined the ranks. All points here are good. I "open carry" when hunting and sometimes going to and from the range, but mostly go concealed for all the reasons mentioned.

We actually have Constitutional carry here in AZ so we do what we want if it doesn't intrude on others rights. As I recall this is what the bill of rights is all about.

·
Registered
322 Posts
We have had open carry for a long while here in AZ and I am glad that TX has joined the ranks. All points here are good. I "open carry" when hunting and sometimes going to and from the range, but mostly go concealed for all the reasons mentioned.

We actually have Constitutional carry here in AZ so we do what we want if it doesn't intrude on others rights. As I recall this is what the bill of rights is all about.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Its been 12 days since Open Carry in Texas. How Come the media isn't reporting massacres that have been projected? Is the media covering things up? America needs to know! Oops, forgive me, I forgot. Its only the lefties that said it. Nuff said.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.