Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasional GP100-22LR hang-up:

Once in a while, most often in double action, the trigger will not pull. I need to pop open the cylinder and re-close it then it functions just fine.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,364 Posts
mike_o, Next time it happens, try pushing the trigger forward. I think the problem is "trigger reset", meaning the trigger must reset fully forward before it can be pulled again. Cause? Could be a reduced power trigger spring, maybe some machining crumbs in the action, a trigger plunger problem, or other issues that impede trigger movement. These types of problems are virtually impossible to diagnose via the Internet.

My own GP100-22 was a real pain …. probably the worst Ruger firearm I ever bought. It had all sorts of machining issues that left it rough. It took a couple hours on the work bench to get everything smoothed out the way it should have been from the factory. Now, my 22 LR GP100 functions perfect.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks much Iowegan for the insight, I do have a reduced power trigger spring so Ill take a close look. I did polish all the internals and it functions very smooth. I'ts an occasional problem, as I said, but I do seek close to perfection as possible.

Have a great day.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took a look....

Not trigger reset, just tried that. Guess I'll take it all apart, clean it well and look for any artifacts.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,364 Posts
Try it with the factory trigger spring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine had a similar issue. Initially i thought it was lead shavings binding between the cylinder and forcing cone. However it even did it when it was clean. I eventually sent it back to Ruger. They spent a few weeks trying to pin point the problem and could not figure it out. They ended up sending me a brand new gun. New one works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback radny97, I'll keep that option in mind but hopefully won't have to take that route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts