Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I have bedded my receiver and barrel on my 10/22. Installed a metal sleeve (brass bullet casing from a 30-30 I think it was) so the action is tightened the same all the time, and replaced the factory v-block with another that has a set screw in it to prevent barrel droop. When shooting with the iron sights - it is right on target. When I place a scope (tried 3) and am shooting 25 yards and am about 20" low with a centered scope...left/right is ok . I can get within 4" low of where I am aiming but run out of verticle scope adjustments. I am using a t09 rail on the receiver to attach the scope and have used 4 different rings sets. Have tried the scopes on other rifles and no problem. mounted and remounted the scopes on the 10/22, used different rings, etc. to no avail. -bewildered.

It seems odd to me that I can use the iron sites with no problem and can't put a useable scope on the gun.

I have ordered ring bases (not a rail) to see if the receiver may be the problem using the t09 rail and also ordered a 15moa rail to give me more height adjustment in case I have the same problem with the new bases just to make the gun scope-shootable should I need it. Anyone have any ideas?

really hate haveing a fun-gun hat can't shoot 25 yards with a scope on it

any ideas?

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
It sounds to me that if the iron sights are good, the scope is functional on other weapons and you've tried various set of rings...............I'd be looking hard at the rail. That's my guess without seeing your gun.

Here Kitty Kitty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it might have been the t09 rail! Received the 15moa rail in today and put it on. the crosshairs were about 4" high and 4" left at 50 yards with the scope set to factory zero. I adjusted the scope to meet the crosshairs and will test tomorrow.

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts