Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From time to time it seems that folks post about some out of the norm rugers that they run across. in other words, special factory limited runs that don't normally appear in the catalog.

Would like to expand my horizons and hear from some of y'all what oddities you have runned across in the ruger world.

For example, i actually got to hold and look at a Ruger (think it was a No. 1) that was chambered in 357 magnum. Struck me as quite odd for such a high dollar single shot to be made in that caliber. My understanding is that it was made for the California Highway Patrol but not sure on that. Also told it was a factory run and not a custom shop.

I am also aware that Ruger made a run of Stainless steel 77mkIIrsi mannlicher stocked rifles in 257 roberts for Lipsey's wholesale last year as well as 4.5" SS super single sixes.

Just what else is out there in special runs?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
The ones that come at once to my mind are the stainless steel 5 1/2 inch Bisley models for Lipseys. The new John Wayne Vaquero, as well as the Last Cowboy Vaquero also come to mind. But, there have been so many now that it would take a book to list them all. Ruger is going the way of Winchester in the commerative dept.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
What's the deal with that special finish found on some of the SP101s? It's like a non gloss gray, I can't remember what it was called and I can't decide if I like it or not. Never seen one in person.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot all about that finish! Think it is similar to the accuhone(?) finish on the 77vtmkII. Lipseys also had these. And i just remembered another gun i think from lipsey's

a 5" gp100

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they are purtty.
If i am not mistaken, the green boxes are also a lipsey tradmark for special runs. I think they also have some special .22 semi pistols i forgot about.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts