Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live with and take care of my 92 year old grandmother. She has a nurse that comes by twice a week to give her baths. Well Big B (my pops) is in town and picked me up to go out to dinner. Well when we got back that nurses car was parked right in front of my grandmothers home and some sketchy lookin dude was sitting in the drivers seat. I point out to my pops that that's the nurse lady's car but usually comes in the early AM. Well Big B and I get out of the Ford and start walking and the guy drives away. We both go inside and asked my grandmother if someone was here and she said no no one came over.

Now this got me trippen as you might think. Number one that nurse has been all over the house and she's got to know we got guns in the house - she hasn't seen them because i got them all locked up and hidden of course but it's obvious with the gun cleaning supplies, range bags etc. I'm tryin to figure out what this guy was doin here. Is he going to do something to my grandmother? Is he wanting to rob the place?(if he is he better come in hot...)

I'm thinking I'm going to talk to this lady or possibly call the cops. Just weird.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Lotsa Red Flags for sure...

·
Banned
2,292 Posts
Wow that is scary no doubt he was up to something no good, I think I would call the nurse's boss and let them know what happened and see if they know of anything in her shady past, I would contact the police and let them know what happened, and ask them if they could do a back ground check on this nurse to see what comes up, infact I wouldn't let that nurse back in the house again till her office can prove she has had a back ground check and she can explain why her car was parked in front of your house with this guy in it, that's just way to creepy to forget about!!

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Yep cover your butt Brewster talk to the cops then if anything happens in the future you are perceived to have attempted to do the right thing.
KIWI

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
My grandmother had some jewelry stolen from one of those nurses. You have good reason to be suspicious. Make sure nothing was stolen. The man driving away when you pulled up is a dead giveaway.

Definitely call the cops. I know you don't really need the tag number since you recognized that it was the nurse's car, but I would give them the information about it: color, make, model, etc., so that it can be in the report.

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool fella's. I'm going to to report this to the police and the nurses boss. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Kingpins, yeah I don't trust this lady one bit. I know it's messed up to say this but she is an illegal immigrant too. Shtty thing about it is I work 6 days a week and I'm not usually here when the nurse lady is here(but I know her car because I sometimes am here). Also I'm going to have to start parking my car in the garage so they don't know if I'm here or not...

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Yep cover your butt Brewster talk to the cops then if anything happens in the future you are perceived to have attempted to do the right thing. KIWI
BIG Ditto!!! As a former Reserve PO, letting the cops know what's going on will help if the situation re-manifests itself and leads to an even bigger situation. Do you know any cops personally? Best thing to do is call dispatch and let them know what happened (instant report logged) and then speak with a cop 'buddy' who might give you a few helpful suggestions if or when the individual returns.

We had a situation a few months ago where a friend's niece was being stalked by a former boyfriend who verbally threatened her...because she recognized him, and reported it that way, (the aunt was a former paramedic with 'friends'.) The cops went over and had a nice conversation with him, letting him know that they were aware of his activities and that if anything happened to Jessica, his place would be the first place they came calling! The harassment suddenly stopped...go figure!

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Oh yeah, if your grandmother still has her faculties, you may want to tell her that you are going to move her jewelry or any other small valuables to a safe deposit box for her. If you are sure nothing is stolen, now would be a good time to fire the nurse, after a police report is filed of course.

Good luck and keep your eyes/ears open !

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Wow that is scary no doubt he was up to something no good, I think I would call the nurse's boss and let them know what happened and see if they know of anything in her shady past, I would contact the police and let them know what happened, and ask them if they could do a back ground check on this nurse to see what comes up, infact I wouldn't let that nurse back in the house again till her office can prove she has had a back ground check and she can explain why her car was parked in front of your house with this guy in it, that's just way to creepy to forget about!!
Not one person on your property ever again until that is straightend out. I would check every which way I could about the nurse, including State, County & local records. If she is with an agency I would check the agency too. Trust nothing but your instincts; your little voice is "talking to you." That situation is unacceptable.

·
Banned
2,292 Posts
Cool fella's. I'm going to to report this to the police and the nurses boss. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Kingpins, yeah I don't trust this lady one bit. I know it's messed up to say this but she is an illegal immigrant too. Shtty thing about it is I work 6 days a week and I'm not usually here when the nurse lady is here(but I know her car because I sometimes am here). Also I'm going to have to start parking my car in the garage so they don't know if I'm here or not...
Well if she is a Illegal immigrant you already have a right not to trust her cause she has commited a crime already just by being in this country, make her office prove her legal status while your at it.

·
Banned
2,787 Posts
Hey Brewster,
Its Red Alert time, Call the cops,get a case number, ask for a backround check on the nurse, if she is legit there should be no problem. If they refuse your request get another nurse with proper credentials from a different agency. I also would not allow her on the property again until it gets cleared up if at all .Follow your gut feelings they are on point, Cover Your Ass and good luck with this.

S.G.

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Called the cops and got a case number...

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They were asking me if I was sure if that was her car and well I'm pretty damn sure but there is that slight chance that it wasn't and I was mistaken. But still though it was weird the guy drove off.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I would definitely report it. My house was cleaned out once by one of my daughters "friends". You don't want to mess around in that situation.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Stay on top of it Brewster. My wife's aunt was ripped off by her caregivers during the final years of her life. She was 96 and wasn't all that sharp.

After she passed away we noticed that certain items of value were missing. It's very common for grifters to work in the caregiver industry.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Stay on top of it Brewster. My wife's aunt was ripped off by her caregivers during the final years of her life. She was 96 and wasn't all that sharp.

After she passed away we noticed that certain items of value were missing. It's very common for grifters to work in the caregiver industry.
Unfortunately, that's very true. My mom had Alzheimer's and I took care of her at home as long as I could. When she finally had to go to a home, I was warned by the manager not to leave any valuables there other than pictures and such. The simple truth is that caregiving is a hard, low paying job and people that can, usually take better jobs. Employers are left with a few good souls and a lot of riff raff to choose from. It's very sad how so many of our elders have to spend their final days. I was able to get my mom in the best rated facility, but there was a long waiting list before a bed opened up for her.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts