Ruger Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
moparclan ... I'm fully aware of your prowess when comes to our beloved P series. You and I have chased the next best deal on P series a time or two. I, myself have 2 of the P89x's. Always looking for another one or two or maybe three ... :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Yup, bad (good) habit to get into, I was lucky enough to end up with a spare barrel, spring and box for a P89X and put a yardsale P89 in it, have used the .30 Luger barrel and it functioned fine. Still have a spare barrel and captured spring also. Have lots of ammo for the .30 cal as I have a .30 Luger Browning Hi Power and a 1920 commercial Luger.
DSC00526[1].JPG DSC01156.JPG

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
The ammo I found was on the hot side for. 30 Luger. It was 95 grain, 1280 FPS if memory serves me correctly, which it never does. Muzzle energy was around 410 ft/lbs, so if the spring isn't new (I've never replaced it) I have high hopes. If I need to get a lighter spring for it, that's a small problem to solve.

I'll give y'all a report as soon as the ammo arrives, and I get out to the range.

Z
If you look at my pic of my P89x you'll notice the guide rod and spring are pretty different than the 9mm rod and spring ...

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Is there a range / performance report on this modified pistol yet?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts