Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's an unfortunate situation that we need to carry in the first place. But for sure, I know I feel comforted knowing that I have additional options if I or my family is threatened. The gent in the video is right. It is the great equalizer.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Well said, it is simple that we have to defend ourselves or we may become a victim in a bad situation. I want the option.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bad things happen to good people all the time. Get a permit if your state allows it and carry as much as you can when you can.

My wife and I survived a home invasion while we were asleep in the bedroom. I had been to the gun range that afternoon and there we targets of my days practice on a table next to the bedroom door. They didn't come into the bedroom. One was a 14 year old from next door and the other a crip from LA visiting his brother down the block. The crip was caught and put away for 20+ years (felon in possession of a handgun). While I didn't have to use my gun, there was one on the wife's night stand and one on mine, the nice groups on my targets let them know that I knew how to shoot!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
From an article online today:

“It’s more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone." Polk County Florida Sheriff Grady Judd.

Terry

·
Registered
704 Posts
Wow! That is an impressive and moving tape. As I have said many times, I am too old to out run anyone and I will not take a beating or worse. That's why I carry for myself and my family. My wife carries too.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
That was hard to listen too , since it was already stated what was going to happen.

but the LEO is 100% right. The "new" generations have NO RESPECT for life at all, so they dont think a thing of taking life.

I have always thought that EVERY law abiding citizen, should own a sidearm, and conceal carry,, and have the right to conceal carry ANYWHERE in the US. Period.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good Message. (and from my hometown of Cleveland, OH too!)

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,408 Posts
"A gun in your hand is more important than a cop on the phone." -Florida Sheriff Grady Judd

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,408 Posts
From an article online today:

“It’s more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone." Polk County Florida Sheriff Grady Judd.

Terry
Sorry for my duplicate post.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I like cops like that. They make sense. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
There's an old saying I've repeated when friends or family ask me why I carry now that I've retired from LE: "When seconds count, the Police are minutes away."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.