Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sturm, Ruger's New Target Model Ranch Rifle is a "Minute-of-Angle Mini!"
November 7, 2006
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), is proud to introduce a new target rifle for today's rapid-fire action shooting competition events, such as the Shooting Industry Masters Tournament. The Ruger® Mini-14® series of rifles has been extremely popular since first introduced in 1974. Simple, rugged, and reliable, these rifles have proven so popular around the woods, farm, and ranch that they earned the nickname "Ranch Rifle," which is the name Sturm, Ruger now uses to describe all Mini-14 rifles that come from the factory with scope mounting features.

While the lightweight barrel of the original Mini-14 made it easy to carry afield, it did not always produce optimum accuracy. Many shooters have requested a Mini-14 with a heavier barrel, and Sturm, Ruger has responded with its New Target Model Ranch Rifle, which, with the correct ammunition, is truly a "minute-of-angle Mini!"

Its distinctive heavyweight, hammer forged, matte stainless steel target barrel features a recessed target crown and an adjustable barrel weight, so that each owner can "tune" the rifle to obtain the best accuracy from the particular ammunition being used. One-inch groups at 100 yards can be regularly obtained with suitable ammunition for the individual rifle. ...MORE

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't have a picture up yet. I assume it will look like that rifle that was on the cover of the special Ruger issue Shooting Times had out last year.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just traded some sweat for 1000rds. .223 ---this might be the rifle to shoot it in-hope it has some iron sights on it-the heavy barrel would even make close work better-Ruger hasn't even posted the pics on their site-hope the phones are ringing off the walls!!! Sounds like some new ideas surfacing at Ruger-might get better after all.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I just got a new magazine a couple of days ago that had pictures and a story on a pre-production one. Think it was Handloader. It has a really wild looking laminated stock (thumbhole and stuff) and a sliding, adjustable muzzle weight. If I remember right, groups were running around an inch @ 100 yds. I'll double-check on which gun rag it was in tonight.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Scratch that idea for me-I'm not the least bit exotic in my tastes.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
It wasn't Handloader magazine. It is the cover story on the new issue of Guns & Ammo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts