Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my newest one. I'll add pics of my Gen 1 Charger later, but let's see your setup/build!

Charger TD, Silencerco Spectre II can, BX-15 mag, (cheap) NC Star optic w/ zoom, lighted reticles, and laser.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,754 Posts
Well okey-dokey then. Here's mine. I'm not one of the cool kids with a suppressor but I think the Charger TD is still pretty cool looking. I like the way you've mounted your bipod. I think that is the correct way (yeah I'm looking at you Glow Pony.) I've also chosen a premium optic for my Charger.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well okey-dokey then. Here's mine. I'm not one of the cool kids with a suppressor but I think the Charger TD is still pretty cool looking. I like the way you've mounted your bipod. I think that is the correct way (yeah I'm looking at you Glow Pony.) I've also chosen a premium optic for my Charger.

Excellent optic choice. :) Seriously, they do just fine for these.

I'm looking at your pic... have we mounted our bipods differently?

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wave / Neon - I think I need to take another pic of the right side, but at a little lower angle, and add a splatter border. What is that, the official Charger picture setup? :D

·
Righteous Dude
21,487 Posts
You didn't get the CHOC (CHarger Owner's Club) memo? ;)

Wave believes imitation is a sincere form of flattery. I think it's annoying! :D

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John- I like the look of that scope!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Modified take down. Que bolt work, Brimstone trigger job, modified ATI stock, NDS front and rear sights, barrel turned down to .610 for front sight.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Here you go. I added sights, improved the stock to receiver fit, refinished the stock, blackened the bolt (still shiny), changed the grip, added Kidd bolt handle, added a Harris wannabe bipod and used a Bushnell First Strike red dot.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here you go. I added sights, improved the stock to receiver fit, refinished the stock, blackened the bolt (still shiny), changed the grip, added Kidd bolt handle, added a Harris wannabe bipod and used a Bushnell First Strike red dot.

Very cool. Can you tell me about the stock/receiver fit and the sights?

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I am still waiting on my Charger to come in, but I was considering changing the grip to one similar to the one MarkB used. I like the look of it, but figured I would try the stock one 1st.:cool:

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am still waiting on my Charger to come in, but I was considering changing the grip to one similar to the one MarkB used. I like the look of it, but figured I would try the stock one 1st.:cool:
I'm still waiting too, since mid February. Seems Texas is a long way from Connecticut. I couldn't sit on my hands, so now my 10-22 is in drag, dressed up like one of these Chargers.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Surely there's more than 7 of us with Chargers here...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was at my local yesterday for other business and checked up on my Charger order....it's been six weeks and for the first two he had the order with one distributor, but since then he's gone to Davdison's (largest? Ruger distributer) also. And this shop has been doing business with them for decades. They checked again with the Davidson rep.....this order is "top of the list", for what that's worth. Yeah the distibuter could be blowing smoke, or may be there hasn't been another Charger in the channel to Houston since then. Idon't know, but I am on stock alerts with several big Texas shops online and haven't heard a peep.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, I'll play too. Mine has since received a Que'd bolt, Brimstone'd trigger, and Kidd charging handle. Still waiting to get an optic, my barrel and rear cap from SilencerCo (cross threaded and ruined both, but they are replacing cap and re-cutting barrel with o-ring engagement). I cut back my stock myself and stripped the varnish off and re-did it.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts