Ruger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
My Twins

Always wanted a Charger, then they discontinued, then back. Liked the original best, Gunbroker is your friend. Leapers pistol scope, Brimstone trigger.
Below, TC Contender with 410/45 barrel.
Both Cool toys, what are they for?
If you have to ask...

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Very nice Chargers!!
Have you shot your charger without the bipod?
I mean, does it make sense? Is it too heavy that it's best with the bipod?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Both very nice looking! Great jobs.
Thank you!
I have shot mine without the bipod. The PMACA Chassis and AGP kit are both very lightweight. I just shoot it like a pistol.

I will be adding a picatinny rail-mount bipod to mine, though. My 8YO nephew likes to shoot it, and it's too much for him to shoot like a pistol.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thank you for your response. I guess due to the weight is better to always shoot it with the bipod.
I don't have one (yet), but my guess is that it would feel uncomfortable shooting it like a pistol, with a regular two hand grip.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Thank you for your response. I guess due to the weight is better to always shoot it with the bipod.
I don't have one (yet), but my guess is that it would feel uncomfortable shooting it like a pistol, with a regular two hand grip.
I still have never tried my Charger using the bipod. When I shoot it, I use a two-hand hold similar to a rifle, just without a buttstock to shoulder. Sort of rifle stance meets isosceles. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
I still have never tried my Charger using the bipod. When I shoot it, I use a two-hand hold similar to a rifle, just without a buttstock to shoulder. Sort of rifle stance meets isosceles. :D

Thank you for your response. Yes, shooting it like that sounds good. Similar to shooting an AR pistol or similar gun.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very nice Chargers!!
I shoot it with the bipod to figure out the scope settings for 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards, and without the bipod (creedmore position) when I practice for metallic silhouette.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts