Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a LNIB GP100 4"bbl BL(i'm not a fan of ss), should be here next Monday or Tuesday!
Looking forward to it...I was going to get the Alaskan first, but since I want to use this for IDPA as well as a CCW, I figured it made more sense to get the GP first, and the price was tough to beat.
I'll post pics when it gets here.
mazer

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Awesome... Welcome to the forum.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Awesome handgun, on my short list as well.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JK55 -> do you use auto loaders? Or did you have it adjusted to accept moonclips? It was suggested to me that I get it machined to accept the clips....

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Good choice. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
JK55 -> do you use auto loaders? Or did you have it adjusted to accept moonclips? It was suggested to me that I get it machined to accept the clips....
Hey mazer, I use speed loaders made by the H.K.S. company, (model # 586). They do a good job for what I need.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
I ordered a LNIB GP100 4"bbl BL(i'm not a fan of ss), should be here next Monday or Tuesday! Looking forward to it...I was going to get the Alaskan first, but since I want to use this for IDPA as well as a CCW, I figured it made more sense to get the GP first, and the price was tough to beat. I'll post pics when it gets here. mazer
Congradulations...hope you enjoy it!

If you don't like the trigger pull...installing a set of Wolff Springs can make a big difference!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Every Ruger owner should have at least one GP. You did good.
I know, but I just can't find a used one :(. You could sell me yours? ;)

mazer-- Congrats on the GP. I've shot my brother-in-laws GP, and they are fine shooters . I predict that you will be satisfied. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congrats on the GP. I picked mine up NIB in September (before the election). Mine has the Hogue grips and I use it for hiking. It is truly a fine gun.

I know, but I just can't find a used one :(.
exlogger, you didn't got one yet?? I told you to just get one back in September when I got mine. Now you may have a hard time finding one for a while! :mad: If you ever see one, just jump on it!! Oh, did I tell you, I love mine! :D

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I ordered a LNIB GP100 4"bbl BL(i'm not a fan of ss), should be here next Monday or Tuesday!
Looking forward to it...I was going to get the Alaskan first, but since I want to use this for IDPA as well as a CCW, I figured it made more sense to get the GP first, and the price was tough to beat.
I'll post pics when it gets here.
mazer
Congrats on your new baby! They're a great lookin revolver either blue or stainless IMO.

Welcome to the forum from Phoenix!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I told you to just get one back in September when I got mine. Now you may have a hard time finding one for a while!
I know, I know. I did see one at the last gun show (brand new), but they wanted more than what I had on me (I think they were asking $650). I did pick up an unfired stainless Security Six at the same show for $425.
This has happened to me 4 times now... I go out looking for a GP and come back with a Security Six :rolleyes:. One of these days I'll find one for a descent price. Those dang Security Sixes keep getting in the way :mad:, but I like them too. :)

P.S. Did you ever get that shoulder surgery? I said a prayer for ya.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it helps, I got mine at gunbroker LNIB for $475....looked around for a week before one came up....they are going for around $550-$610 brand new.

·
Registered
217 Posts
exlogger, I sent you a PM. I didn't want to hijack mazer's thread.

Mazer, welcome to the forum from Colorado. Like I said, this is a great gun. You got it for a great price too. You should replace the front site. I put a HiViz on mine - took about 30 seconds. Many others say the same thing.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Excellent choice. It's a built tough, no nonsense revolver.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts