Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this beautiful specimen from morsecode here on this forum. Brother, it is beautiful.

The size is PERFECT! From what I've been reading I was starting to worry that it was close to GP100 size, but it is much smaller. This is a NYC PD model, 1986 with a letter from Ruger stating just that. I am, starting immediately, shopping for a holster. I think I found my carry gun at last.

Sheepdog, you're right buddy, this is one inviting revolver to your hand. Great size and balance. I haven't yet shot it and I think it's my new favorite, hands down.

Morsecode, it's in great condition, better than represented and it was a pleasure doing business with you.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Oh my is right!!!!
Congrats on a fine addition.
Now the hunt for leather begins.
Have you decided on iwb or owb?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Deputy!

Dude, I can barely fit ME inside the waistband. I think it's going to have to be OWB. I guess I haven't ruled anything out, but I'm leaning toward OWB right hand.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

The boy won't sleep tonight!!!;)
Sheepdog, I've got a letter in my desk that says, among other things, if something unexpected happens to me, the Sheepdog from Texas gets my Speed Six. It used to say 'Marlin lever gun,' but tonight I scratched that out and wrote in 'Speed Six.' I hope you don't mind. :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flimsy peashooter! Now them's is fightin' words! :D

You know, lately I've been enjoying cigars while I'm out on the water somewhere, fishing, or sitting on a rock inbetween fishing. Just slows everything down. I like a nice cigar, though I confess I know little about them. Best thing is to find a good cigar shop and tell them your price range and have them give you a few to try, then hang on to the wrapper of the ones you like. That's what I do, anyway...

Morsecode, thanks again brother. I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks morsecode. I'm enjoying it already and I have yet to shoot it. But just handling it, I can't understand why they'd stop making it. Just a great package...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
May you live forever...may Heaven be "shall issue" on carry permits...but I will go shootin' with you there...when my eyesight is 20/20 again!!! (and you can't lie about your shots...)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey if I lied about my shots they'd be much better than they are! I bet in Heaven, the rear sight, front sight and target are ALL in focus! And ammo's free.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is a nice looking Speed Six,but I have a question,my blued Speed Six doesn't have the indentation on the right side that yours does,were there two types of Speed Sixes made?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know, but somebody will. You mean just above the grip there? My GP has the same thing, maybe it's something they did in the later years, mine is an 86.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
quote:Originally posted by EddieF

I don't know, but somebody will. You mean just above the grip there? My GP has the same thing, maybe it's something they did in the later years, mine is an 86.
Hey EddieF! Since sheepdog said to take you out of his will, could you pencil me in instead?:D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well it's not a will, per se, just a list of who gets what. But if I keep buying guns at the rate I'm buying them, when I die they might all be confiscated as evidence with my wife as the prime suspect!!

That would be funny though to see some stodgy lawyer reading the will, "and 'rman' gets this and 'sheepdog' gets that!' Not exactly your typical legal document!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts